Thanks for all the encouragement !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for all the encouragement !!

Thanks for all the encouragement and suggestions that I build my own road. As you can see I've started. It may takes some time at a payload of 2,200 pounds. But, as you can see the Champ is up to it.

But, when you are in the "Smarter" and "Harder Working" class, it's no big deal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03678.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1736189

Oh, good grief, mmagic. Look what you have done. Got a load of paving stones that you'll have to lay, all because you have a pickup truck.......

Comment

Guessed they weighed 10# each. Loaded 110 in the Champ and the other 60 in my Dakota. Got home and weighed one at 20#! Champ didn't sag or approach the axle and drove as if it was just another day at the office. Went up grades in 3rd gear without the hint of a load.

Dakota headlights pointed at the moon with half the load.

Did throw a piece of carpet in the bed to protect that fresh paint.

Comment

Reminds me of when my brother had a bumper sticker: As A Matter Of Fact,I DO OWN THE ROAD!
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanks for all the encouragement and suggestions that I build my own road.
          Well played, sir! I'm glad that your Studebaker hauls like a Champ! I'm also glad to find a Republican with a sense of humor!
          John
          1950 Champion
          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
          Holdrege NE

Comment

Working...
          X