This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn find lark on e bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alaba...QQcmdZViewItem I hope this works . I loved the discription . (sold to ford)

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

I had to laugh... I always wonder why so many people write something and just run with it without ever reading it before sending?

I can see people writing something that's totally wrong, i.e. I can figure out what was meant by the "sold to Ford" nonsense... but what could "stand on the ground and crank" mean? No floors? does it actually have a crank in the front?

I can only assume he's referring to not having to step on the gas pedal... that was common with those Ford 289s...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I had to laugh... I always wonder why so many people write something and just run with it without ever reading it before sending?

I can see people writing something that's totally wrong, i.e. I can figure out what was meant by the "sold to Ford" nonsense... but what could "stand on the ground and crank" mean? No floors? does it actually have a crank in the front?

I can only assume he's referring to not having to step on the gas pedal... that was common with those Ford 289s...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Misinformation and funny to boot. That's the best description I've seen in a good while[)]

Comment

Misinformation and funny to boot. That's the best description I've seen in a good while[)]

Comment

At least he implied that Studebaker made the 289 V-8 and sold it to Ford. Even though wrong, it's nice to see the story reversed from the way it's usually told!

Comment

At least he implied that Studebaker made the 289 V-8 and sold it to Ford. Even though wrong, it's nice to see the story reversed from the way it's usually told!

Comment

Since Studebaker had the 289 first does that mean all small block Fords are really studebakers[?]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Since Studebaker had the 289 first does that mean all small block Fords are really studebakers[?]

Comment

You got it!

quote:Originally posted by CHAMP

Comment

You got it!

quote:Originally posted by CHAMP

Comment

Love it! "You can stand on the ground and start the ol' girl!" I guess the darn thing sports a hand crank![^]

And "you need to bring your own battery cause the back bumper's bent and there's a dent in the door, etc.." AHA! There's the reason for the hand crank![:I]

To think we're always talking about a bad ground or worn starter bushings! I guess we need to add checking back bumpers to the list of possibilities![:0]

I have to wonder if Stude's selling the 289 to Ford didn't plant the seed's of Ford's current problems.[8] Next thing ya know, Ford will take a stand in Canada and start buying their engines from GM![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Love it! "You can stand on the ground and start the ol' girl!" I guess the darn thing sports a hand crank![^]

And "you need to bring your own battery cause the back bumper's bent and there's a dent in the door, etc.." AHA! There's the reason for the hand crank![:I]

To think we're always talking about a bad ground or worn starter bushings! I guess we need to add checking back bumpers to the list of possibilities![:0]

I have to wonder if Stude's selling the 289 to Ford didn't plant the seed's of Ford's current problems.[8] Next thing ya know, Ford will take a stand in Canada and start buying their engines from GM![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I wrote the guy and asked him about the "you can stand on the ground and start the ol' girl" statement. I asked him if that meant there were no floorboards.

Quite in a huff, he said that you could reach in the window and turn the key and she'd start--unlike most old cars.

I was thinking to myself, most old cars should NOT start by just turning the key. Most you have to hit the gas to set the choke--at least on mine you do

Must be running rich[}]

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I wrote the guy and asked him about the "you can stand on the ground and start the ol' girl" statement. I asked him if that meant there were no floorboards.

Quite in a huff, he said that you could reach in the window and turn the key and she'd start--unlike most old cars.

I was thinking to myself, most old cars should NOT start by just turning the key. Most you have to hit the gas to set the choke--at least on mine you do

Must be running rich[}]

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X