• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just West of Des Moines

I'll be in South Bend this afternoon!
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

You guys have fun for us also. Wish we could be there. Next year in Colorado Springs is our goal.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Hi Pat
      We are catching up!
      Just woke up in Cody Wyoming.
      Good Roads
      Brian & Sandi
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
        Just woke up in Cody Wyoming.i
        I'm stuck "Somewhere West of Laramie"....
        Hope to make it to an Internaltional in the future.
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I arrived the afternoon about 5:30. Have not registered yet, they closed at 5. Did not occur to me we are now in Eastern Time. I have a few more pictures to post from Iowa, by request. Camera is still in the car, will get it tomorrow. I gotta say that when driving across the South side of Chicago the speed limit is just a suggestion! Having a bright red car with out of state plates I have been staying close to the speed limit, but doing so there was dangerous! Looking forward to meeting more folks tomorrow and seeing lots of cars and parts.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA

Comment

We had fun with the trucks as we went across I-80 at mid-day today. They we started noticing state trucks blocking turn around lanes and police cars on over passes and cop cars at every westbound exit. There for about three miles there was no west bound traffic, then a squad of 10 to 15 police cycles, then another 2 to 3 miles no traffic, then finally VP Biden's car was in the middle of about 20 Suburbans. There was another two to three miles no traffic then a bunch of squad cars were leading the westbound traffic following the motorcade. Man were we glad we weren't going west on I-80 today. We had a caravan of 8 cars of which 4 were Avantis, a 63, 73, 76, and an 02. How was your engine heat coming through IL and IN. I ran the air on my 76 all the way. Temp was 190 most of the way until we got into South Bend when it starting going up, nudging 210. After registration at the Doubletree, we did a trip to SI, where there was a nice crowd and the "blogger" shirts and buttons are available.
            sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Must have been one of the Chicago boys headed home for lunch! Mac

Comment

Good to hear you made it, Pat. I hated going through Chicago..got caught in rush hour, construction, rain, headache and had to pee. Started smoking again, on the spot. Bob Petersen suggested I avoid it on my return trip by going through Iowa (from St Paul) (lol). Have fun. I had to cancel due to a rush of last minute business. Oh well, the extra money helps ease the pain.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

By special request, here is Stu Cool visiting Albert the Bull in Audubon Iowa

Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA

Comment

We are in Lafayette IN tonight and will be in SB tomorrow. But without the Cruiser. It blew a right power steering hoses in Gallup. HAd to be towed to Albguerque (AAA only pays 1st 100 miles, so we still had to pay $200). Rented a car and came on. Looking forward until tomorrow.

Mark

Comment

That's a bull!

Taking off for SB in 5 1/2 hours. Sounds as though this years Int, is politically hot.
                      Won't deter me from a good time.

I will be Twittering photos time to time of cars and maybe some interesting things around town.
                      So if you happen to have a twitter acct or just look at the main twitter site follow me for the time period of Meet.
                      You may want to follow the Sudebaker museum this week too @Studebaker05 they've tweeted some links directing you to local press about the meet.

@DillonKev (black lark as avitar).
                      Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 07-31-2012, 06:17 PM.
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Mark, Sorry to hear of your challenges along the way, but glad you are pressing on with the rental car. Is someone fixing your hose for you? See you soon. We are in 439 at the host, but not spending much time there.

Pat
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Pat, saw your car at the National Museum this afternoon. Just beautiful!!! Will look for you tomorrow.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X