What used to be there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What used to be there...

I noticed the other day, that there are two small holes in the upper passenger side of the firewall, that looks like maybe where an ID plate would have gone.

Those of you with 62 Hawks, would you mind checking and letting me know what was there, and if it matters if it's not there anymore?

It's no biggie, but I am curious. Thanks in advance.

Karl

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Karl,

That is where your body tag would have been. It would read 62V - K6 on top with the actual body number stamped below it. Since your vehicle is titled off of the tag on the A pillar, it really doesn't matter. I suspect that Mr. Biggs has a spare one in his body tag collection that he would part with.

Gary

Comment

It only matter for shows, and resale value.

JDP/Maryland
      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
      64 GT R2
      63 GT R2
      63 Lark 2 door
      59 3E truck
      58 Starlight
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

When I saw your GT in Des Moines I noticed your body I.D. was missing and I thought I mentioned that to you Karl but maybe I just thought I did. Find a clutch yet?
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

When I saw your GT in Des Moines I noticed your body I.D. was missing and I thought I mentioned that to you Karl but maybe I just thought I did. Find a clutch yet?
          Hmmm, come to think of it, I believe you did....but it apparently didn't sink in.

Oh well, at least now I know its importance. I wonder if I can convince Mr Biggs to turn one loose for me? I'll have to PM him and find out.

Under "normal" driving, the clutch works just fine, so I am simply going to have to "control myself" and my urges to show off, and baby it along for a few more miles.

Comment

I did indeed come up with a proper tag for the GT Hawk. 62V-K6 #5162 (Kinda neat that it's body number just happens to end with 62 - what'er the chances of that!?[:0])

5162 was an Ermine White car, judging by the paint on it. Of course, some rattle-can black will take care of that![}]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr. Biggs, the chances of any four-digit number ending in 62 are exactly 1/100 (one in a hundred)! Just being a smart-a$$, couldn't resist.

Las Vegas, NV
              '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

Mr. Biggs, the chances of any four-digit number ending in 62 are exactly 1/100 (one in a hundred)!
                Hey Paul, back off! I am the Decimal Dude! As you say, the chances are .01.

Decimal Dude ($1.00 U.S. = $.956937 CDN)

Comment

OK, techanickelly, I suppose that's right. But this body tag was for body #5162. That means that at least 51 times, a number ending in 62 came up - maybe more. Now - factor that in along with whatever the survival rate of 62 GT Hawks with digits "62" as the last two body number digits and tell me the odds. C;mon. Paul - you're from Vegas!

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, being from Vegas, I have to admit that Guido the Decimal dude and I were both wrong... The odds work out to about 1 in 110, since the house gets a 10% vig...

Mr. Biggs - Presuming the survival rate of 62 GT Hawks is independent and normally distributed with respect to their body tag #'s (and since these are both independent variables, there is no reason to assume they are correlated) then the odds remain unchanged... Still 1/100. Just because the actual number of 62 GT Hawks with body tags that end in 62 is small, doesn't mean the odds of occurence is any smaller than statistics would yield. I'm boring myself and probably everyone else, let's get back to talking about cars.

Las Vegas, NV

Comment

What?[)][8)]

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

Well, being from Vegas, I have to admit that Guido the Decimal dude and I were both wrong... The odds work out to about 1 in 110, since the house gets a 10% vig...

Mr. Biggs - Presuming the survival rate of 62 GT Hawks is independent and normally distributed with respect to their body tag #'s (and since these are both independent variables, there is no reason to assume they are correlated) then the odds remain unchanged... Still 1/100. Just because the actual number of 62 GT Hawks with body tags that end in 62 is small, doesn't mean the odds of occurence is any smaller than statistics would yield. I'm boring myself and probably everyone else, let's get back to talking about cars.

Las Vegas, NV
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

What?[)][8)]
                        Frank,

If you thought that was tough, try to follow a Gary Ash thread on engineering! [:0]

Comment

Yes Gary I've seen some of his musings over on truck talk.

quote:Originally posted by Guido

What?[)][8)]
                          Frank,

If you thought that was tough, try to follow a Gary Ash thread on engineering! [:0]

Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Working...
                          X