Won best orphan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won best orphan

Went to a car show this evening,yes this is a first, an evening car show with trophies and stuff. Unusual to have a car show that starts registration at 5pm around here but I kind of liked it. Awards were given out at 8.30pm. This show was put on by the local Camaro club and had just best Gm, best Ford and best Mopar and Best of show awards. When it was all said and done they had come up with a special orphan award consisting of a box of tools (cardboard box) and we won it with our 63 Daytona convert. Beat out a real nice AMX,the only other orphan,he happened to be the one that had said to me earlier "orphans never win anything at these kind of shows".Next year they are going to have a regular orphan class. The hosting club liked the car so much, especially the ladies,that they thought it deserved something.Studebakers rock. Pictures will be on their website soon. http://www.midwestcamaro.com/
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Frank, that is really cool! Congratulations

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Frank, that is really cool! Congratulations

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

awesome Franki[8D]

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
        64 Avanti R3w/NOS
        88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

awesome Franki[8D]

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
          64 Avanti R3w/NOS
          88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

Cool beans, Frank. Now that you've have accomplished that, I am sure you're done playing with the car. Kindly e-mail outside the forum with your low dollar for getting that has-been off your hands. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Cool beans, Frank. Now that you've have accomplished that, I am sure you're done playing with the car. Kindly e-mail outside the forum with your low dollar for getting that has-been off your hands. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yeah rightBob, if I did that I would have to find another place to livebesides you would probaby want to make a "Tomato" clone out of itby removing the anemic 259 automatic

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Yeah rightBob, if I did that I would have to find another place to livebesides you would probaby want to make a "Tomato" clone out of itby removing the anemic 259 automatic

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

So, we know we are biased here, but your Daytona convertible's excellent showing among non-Stude owners proves that EVERYbody likes a good looking Studebaker! Congratulations!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon
                    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

So, we know we are biased here, but your Daytona convertible's excellent showing among non-Stude owners proves that EVERYbody likes a good looking Studebaker! Congratulations!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Actually Paul the car at times had a bigger crowd around it than a lot of the others, should have seen all the women pointing out the vanity to their spouses.Women are suckers for red convertibles anyway

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                        The Red-Headed Amazon
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Actually Paul the car at times had a bigger crowd around it than a lot of the others, should have seen all the women pointing out the vanity to their spouses.Women are suckers for red convertibles anyway

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                          The Red-Headed Amazon
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

That's just so wonderful, seems that our vehicles are well liked by the non-Studebaker crowd. As a vendor told me in an email Studebaker has a rich history. . . .they will not be forgotten just as Packard will not be forgotten.

Seems that you just need a nice car and turn up at these shows, at least there won't be a lot of Studebaker's there compared to GM, Ford and Chrysler products.

John Clements
                            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                            Lockleys South Australia
                            John Clements
                            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

That's just so wonderful, seems that our vehicles are well liked by the non-Studebaker crowd. As a vendor told me in an email Studebaker has a rich history. . . .they will not be forgotten just as Packard will not be forgotten.

Seems that you just need a nice car and turn up at these shows, at least there won't be a lot of Studebaker's there compared to GM, Ford and Chrysler products.

John Clements
                              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                              Lockleys South Australia
                              John Clements
                              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X