avanti passenger A pillar needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avanti passenger A pillar needed

Local body shop called me looking for a "A" pillar for a 64 AVANTI. anyone have parts PM me your phone #.
    Thanks
    Russ

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Sounds bad....for a a pillar to get wrecked sounds like an awfully bad mishap.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

They are notorious for rusting out The only solution is find good used, or make it yourself.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        They are notorious for rusting out The only solution is find good used, or make it yourself.
        I just peeled the Chrome off my 74 Avanti and pulled the windshield. Mine has surface rust but not bad. I'll agree with Brad, if you can't find one they don't look like they'd be to difficult to bend up.

Bob

Comment

Discarded one years ago from a burnt Avanti. Replacing the complete window frame would be a PITA. If the problem is rust through, then the best approach is to replace the rusted sections. A good metal fabricator should be able to bend up pieces to weld in to the frame. They may have to cut a bit of the fibreglass away at the bottom and then replace it after the welding is done. This would be best done by someone skilled in Avanti body repair.

Comment

Try Geoff Park ( I think ) in CA. He was selling one last year.
            He should be in the Avanti directory.
            pb

Comment

Working...
            X