Reeling one in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeling one in...

...well sorta! My so-far-Studeless old friend Garnet Bell has been in SDC and the Hamilton Chapter nearly as long as I have. He's ridden shotgun in the Lark to a number of events but not driven it (or any Stude)...until last Tuesday.

I'd taken the Lark out to the cruise night at Ancaster after work. Had picked it up at my parents' place where it's usually parked. Got to the cruise and immediately ran into Garnet...and within seconds realized I'd left my camera in the modern car down in town. That would never do (as anyone who knows me can attest), so I decided to drive back and get the camera; Garnet, unsurprisingly, opted to ride shotgun. En route he said, "hey, I should've driven"...of course we had to return to the cruise, so we traded seats for the return run. Here's a pic I got after we re-arrived at the cruise.

Think ol' G is ready to get himself a Lark...?

(Actually what he'd really like is a '63 Champ. Which would be very cool, as there are few Champs around here.)

S.

Good ambassadorship, Steve. Just cranking up the motor brings back a lot of memories for people. This is what cars "used" to sound like
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

That smile on your friend's face is: Priceless!!!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

That guy was MADE for a Studebaker!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X