My daughter's first car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter's first car...

Another Studebaker driver in Australia. Despite my (ex's) protest's my daughter's 1st car is a '59 Lark HT 6 cyl. This is as bigger deal for my daughter as me, as I've never been a Lark fan....must be mellowing in my old age ;-) She is absolutely stoked, just got a fit Hawk brakes, do a little tidy'ing up and it should be a Christmas present.

My (beautiful 15 yo) daughter in the '64 Daytona.
    Last edited by Aussie Hawk; 07-24-2012, 12:42 AM.
    Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Better convert it over Matt, first driver on a lefthand drive car it could be ugly! Send it down here I can do it, 60 Larks are easy to do, pretty basic dash, firewall construction is almost symetrical. She can't be your daughter Matt, she is too good looking!
    Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Comment

I'll send down the convertible that we discussed going partners in if its that easy .

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Matt, no one that looked like that ever sat behind the wheel of that '64 Daytona when I owned it!!
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

damn wish i had that for my first car.nice....not quiet fast enough though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
            Matt, no one that looked like that ever sat behind the wheel of that '64 Daytona when I owned it!! [/QUOTE]

Might we assume your wife and daughters don't access the SDC Forum, Bill? BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You might as well Leroy, I have more Studebakers in my workshop at the minute than Corvettes, join the line. I might need it down here to load up all of your brothers parts that I have to haul back from SB, I wish he would stop buying!
              Brian Greenall
              Melbourne, OZ
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Matt, no one that looked like that ever sat behind the wheel of that '64 Daytona when I owned it!!
                Might we assume your wife and daughters don't access the SDC Forum, Bill? BP[/QUOTE]

I said, "Sat behind the wheel", Bob! My wife never drove it and my daughters rode in it, but were never behind the wheel! LOL
                Last edited by Bill Pressler; 07-26-2012, 01:42 AM.
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Now that's awesome!

It's so cool to see the next generation wanting to drive Studebakers. Sorta gives you hope that they'll be on the road for a long time to come

I asked my two (almost three) year old what kind of car he wants to drive when he's a grownup. He said "I want a STUDEBAKER!" He also refers to the 60 sedan as "his Studebaker". I think he secretly knows that it will take until he's 16 to get it done
                  '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

That picture looks like and 64 Studebaker ad.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

My daughter, now six, told me two years ago that my Lark hardtop was, as she put it, " that's my car Daddy", and that was that

I figure that by the time she hits 16, she will be a good six foot tall and need a car the size of "my" Lark.

It's either the Lark or I'll find her a 2 ton diesel duelly with manual shift and geared so low that 60 mph will be a fantasy

Jeff T.
                      \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                      The Replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                        That picture looks like and 64 Studebaker ad.
                        That's what I thought too.

Your daughter is a knockout, Matt. It looks like she did her hair, makeup and clothes in 60's style for a glamour shot with the car.
                        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                        Kenmore, Washington
                        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                        '69 Pontiac Firebird
                        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                          Better convert it over Matt, first driver on a lefthand drive car it could be ugly! Send it down here I can do it, 60 Larks are easy to do, pretty basic dash, firewall construction is almost symetrical. She can't be your daughter Matt, she is too good looking!
                          The left hand drive thing was her mother's argument too, but Alley will be fine.

Bill: If the Daytona had been a 6 cyl I would have lost it to her, she loved it, but the rule here is no V8's for new drivers. Crazy when you see how much Hp guys get out of their 4 cyl rice burners.
                          Matt
                          Brisbane
                          Australia
                          sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Very cool, Matt, and very pretty girl! Here they call that style of dress/makeup "pinup girl", after the pinup pictures of the 40s/50s. We have a lot of fun at car shows. Lovely!
                            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                            Romans 15:13
                            Deuteronomy 31:6
                            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
                              The left hand drive thing was her mother's argument too, but Alley will be fine.

Bill: If the Daytona had been a 6 cyl I would have lost it to her, she loved it, but the rule here is no V8's for new drivers. Crazy when you see how much Hp guys get out of their 4 cyl rice burners.

No joke about the no V8 rule since a current model Toyota Camry V6 is capable of high 14 seconds in the quarter mile whereas a 259-2V Stude with 3:08 gears; mid 17's at best?
                              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                              X