Looking for Data Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Data Plate

I need a title for a one ton truck and it is missing the data plate. DMV needs the vin number to register it. I know this probably sounds dumb, but does anyone have a data plate off of a one ton truck? It doesn't matter what year. I just thought that if I could steal one off of a parts truck or something then I could take it in and get it registered. Thanks in advance.

Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

I might have one. I'll check.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I might have one. I'll check.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I thought that VIN numbers came in long after Studebaker closed its Automotive Division?

John Clements
        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I thought that VIN numbers came in long after Studebaker closed its Automotive Division?

John Clements
          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

John,

The standardized numbers that appear on today's automobiles did indeed appear after Studebaker's demise. However, the term VIN has come to mean the serial number that the manufacturer assigned to the vehicle, even before the standardized VIN's appeared.

Gary - Bottom drawer guy in a top shelf world

Comment

John,

The standardized numbers that appear on today's automobiles did indeed appear after Studebaker's demise. However, the term VIN has come to mean the serial number that the manufacturer assigned to the vehicle, even before the standardized VIN's appeared.

Gary - Bottom drawer guy in a top shelf world

Comment

VIN means vehicle identification number - whatever was used for that. For '60s Studebakers, the VIN is usually the serial number. For '50s Studebakers, the VIN is usually the engine number. Modern VINs are a long list of numbers that include much information, such as country of origin, but still end with the vehicle's serial number.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

VIN means vehicle identification number - whatever was used for that. For '60s Studebakers, the VIN is usually the serial number. For '50s Studebakers, the VIN is usually the engine number. Modern VINs are a long list of numbers that include much information, such as country of origin, but still end with the vehicle's serial number.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X