Parts, Parts, Parts look what the cat dragged home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts, Parts, Parts look what the cat dragged home

Friday Pat and I went to the overseas storage shipping lot and this rusty 60 hawk has been sitting there almost a year now, so I talked to the owner and asked why it is not shipped out all he could say was we can't ship this rust bucket any place so we made a deal and after we get back from South Bend we will start to take it apart body will more than likely go to China as the trunk is really gone and more than likely the floors, 289 auto with power steering fin drum brakes on all 4 corners, seats not original but very useable so will be saved,chrome and stainless not to bad either good hood and a good 56 trunk lid, 4 wheel well molding, need any thing???

The frame should also be worth saving along with bat wing and springs.. good bumpers
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Thanks, Bob. PM sent.
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

Sometimes I think I need a different name..

Comment

You have a strong cat, Bob. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, that's only rusty by CA standards. It would be restorable by east coast standards.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Bob. PM sent. - Rich G

Comment

I've rebuilt way rougher cars than that. Thats a easy fix by mn standards. Don't hit it in the head find someone that wants to rebuild it.

Comment

Rust ???
                That looks like a new car compared to some that I have started with.
                I no longer care to tackle these. It looks ideal for a young person or someone with more time than money to start with or someone that wants to learn repair.
                Please at least try to find it a home before parting it out. I know that this is asking a lot, because it is probably worth more in parts.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Worth way more in parts, pictures don't show the rear half of the roof very good, but a tree fell on it, roof is caved in some what. getting calls for parts already.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

[QUOTE=candbstudebakers;664481]seats not original but very useable, need any thing???

How much for the front seat, zip 32038. Guessing shipping is around a hundred spot.
                    USASTUDE

Comment

[QUOTE=candbstudebakers;664481]Friday Pat and I went to the overseas storage shipping lot and this rusty 60 hawk has been sitting there almost a year now, so I talked to the owner and asked why it is not shipped out all he could say was we can't ship this rust bucket any place so we made a deal and after we get back from South Bend we will start to take it apart body will more than likely go to China as the trunk is really gone and more than likely the floors, 289 auto with power steering fin drum brakes on all 4 corners, seats not original but very useable so will be saved,chrome and stainless not to bad either good hood and a good 56 trunk lid, 4 wheel well molding, need any thing???

Hey guys, I have a 60 Hawk also, I need a lef taillight, bracket behind the parking light assembly, chrome moldings, possibly a front fender and a few more items, will check and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X