Power Steering Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Power Steering Pump

I was surprised to see that The power steering pump in my Speedster is a Studebaker only item interchanging only with Studes from 53 through 1956. I always thought that this was a Saginaw unit (GM Sourced) that was basically the same as Buick-Olds-Pontiac units of the same vintage.

I guess finding a spare unit at Hershey is now out of Range.

Murray
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

To: stall,------ Those pumps seem to last forever, are You having problems with the one on Your car?

Comment

Unsure about GM interchange, but they look same as early 56J pumps to me, which will swap with all Stude Saginaw units up till they quit using them around 1959, if the motor mount provision and return line are swapped. Yours likely would interchange with up through 1959 Stude too, and there is no shortage of them at Stude swap meets.

Joe

Comment

Mine was leaking, all it's oil in 50 miles, new bearings and seals, and its' good as new. ('55)

Comment

To: Tom B,----Just wondering where You purchased the rebuild kit for that p/s pump? Studebaker International?

Comment

Mike Myer rebuilt it, I have no idea where he got it. Wish I could help.

Comment

Sure it's the pump leaking? Mine leaks at the control valve - this site shows why. Rebuild kits don't include the hose tube seats AFAIK.

Stanger's Site - Common problems when rebuilding the Ford Bendix control valve % ball stud assembly

Comment

To: pdrnec,------No control valve on this baby!!

Comment

Working...
                X