63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

What a doll- except for the red seats....[V]

I know that all brands were known to occasionally turn out a blue car with red interior... just don't know why they would...

If it was mine I'd do away with the red, original or not[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

What a doll- except for the red seats....[V]

I know that all brands were known to occasionally turn out a blue car with red interior... just don't know why they would...

If it was mine I'd do away with the red, original or not[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I agree with you Bob, on most cars, but that Maui blue with the red interior really looks nice to me. It would look even better if it had the red translucent steering wheel that was offered that year. I doubt if the cloth seats were that color originally, but I have seen Maui blue 52 convertibles with red vinyl (leather?) seats and they look great IMO.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I agree with you Bob, on most cars, but that Maui blue with the red interior really looks nice to me. It would look even better if it had the red translucent steering wheel that was offered that year. I doubt if the cloth seats were that color originally, but I have seen Maui blue 52 convertibles with red vinyl (leather?) seats and they look great IMO.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leather was standard on the rag top, and a option on the Starliner, the red cloth was not as far as I know.

JDP/Maryland
            64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
            64 GT R2
            63 GT R2
            63 Lark 2 door
            59 3E truck
            58 Starlight
            52 & 53 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Leather was standard on the rag top, and a option on the Starliner, the red cloth was not as far as I know.

JDP/Maryland
              64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
              64 GT R2
              63 GT R2
              63 Lark 2 door
              59 3E truck
              58 Starlight
              52 & 53 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

The 52 Indy 500 Pace Car was a Maui Blue with a red leather interior, and a black top. Strangr color combo, but, if I ever found the Pace Car, that's what colors I'd go!

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

The 52 Indy 500 Pace Car was a Maui Blue with a red leather interior, and a black top. Strangr color combo, but, if I ever found the Pace Car, that's what colors I'd go!

Jim
                  "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                  their Memorials!

Comment

I think the vinyl interior thing in the 52 Starliner relates to the idea of a hardtop convertible. Convertibles might get rained in so the vinyl was more practical. As was stated many had a pressed diamond pattern vinyl on the upper door panel that matched the seats. I don't know if they all did.
                    The Starliners also have a body color dash like the convertibles instead of the grayish color of the other 52 cars.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                    since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I think the vinyl interior thing in the 52 Starliner relates to the idea of a hardtop convertible. Convertibles might get rained in so the vinyl was more practical. As was stated many had a pressed diamond pattern vinyl on the upper door panel that matched the seats. I don't know if they all did.
                      The Starliners also have a body color dash like the convertibles instead of the grayish color of the other 52 cars.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                      since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

It is a fine looking car! I figure it would be relatively EZ to re-do the seats in a color that at least harmonizes with the body color, and it would then be even more impressive.

Comment

It is a fine looking car! I figure it would be relatively EZ to re-do the seats in a color that at least harmonizes with the body color, and it would then be even more impressive.

Comment

Working...
                          X