PDA

View Full Version : '55 President rear vent window rubber

RHO
07-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Still looking for source for rubber for opening rear vent windows on the '55 President. No one has it. Emailed some place on the west coast inquiring about possibly getting some made, but no response. Nothing generic found yet.

'55 Commander
'55 President

StudeRich
07-22-2007, 07:42 PM
These only fit rear doors of '53 to '61 Land Cruisers, President Classics, and Cruisers. Bill Fennisee(SP) or Studebaker International would be your only hope for someone to make these, and it would be a long shot due to the tooling cost and small number needed. I have a '54 and a '58 that could use them, but would I spend say $200.00 a pair to get them? Only maybe.

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

RHO
07-23-2007, 07:03 PM
SI out of it as well as SASCO and Bill didn't seem to offer much encouragement on repro. I might go $150/pair....maybe....if I cannot find a work-around. It's not going to be too long before I need the rubber as the car is finally running and driving.

'55 Commander
'55 President

Jeff_H
07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
I am completely ignorant of what this seal looks like, so I am going to toss out some questions just to spark some discussion on maybe thinking out of the box a little [:p]

Does the seal bear any similarity to other more available seals? even on a non-stude; even in part? Is it possible to "make" one by glueing pieces of other seals together? I suppose the answer to that would depend on how much is moulded for the pivot and so on relative to the more extruded looking parts, just a quess if it has design similarity to the vents on a hardtop front door.

Food for thought.

Jeff in ND
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/ee-engineer/53byalaketiny.jpg
'53 Champion Hardtop