PDA

View Full Version : Other: How much is my car worth?

yoshimitsuspeed
07-18-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't really want to sell it but a lady came by today begging me to give her a number for how much I would sell it. I just got laid off and have a lot of other projects so I thought I'd at least entertain the idea for a moment. I feel like what I would want to get is probably higher than a reasonable value but I also have no idea even close what a fair market value would be.

55 Stude President
Typical rust spots, front quarters are bad rears aren't as bad but still need work.
I put an alternator in but haven't done the rest of the electrical to move it fully to 12 volt. It does run fine though. Motor is strong. Gas tank needs to be pulled and cleaned. Interior is probably a 6 of 10 but seats and upholstery are good. Mostly just need attention on the floors.
Brakes probably need work. I was driving on them last summer but this spring they went back to the floor. rebleeding might get it drivable but I am sure it will take more to get them fully healthy.
I do have the generator and all other stock parts but something is botched in the charging system. The regulator is shot but I have a feeling the generator also needs attention.

Just some rough ballpark ideas would help me a lot.
She was very adamant the car would be restored and well cared for which would count for a lot.

Only pics I have right now.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/262054_2268243268295_1748211_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/253619_2104786101968_71661_n.jpg

warrlaw1
07-18-2012, 02:35 PM
That's a lot more car than I started with. Bought mine on eBay for $2000, costs at least another $1500 to get it home. It needed everything. I would suggest somewhere between $3500 to $5000 if it's all there and running good. Good luck.

studegary
07-18-2012, 04:08 PM
WAG, based on what is provided - $5K.

Kdancy
07-18-2012, 05:57 PM
With that much work to be done and probably a lot of other you can't see until you start on it, 2,500.00 max.

yoshimitsuspeed
07-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys. Makes me feel pretty happy about what I paid for it. I originally talked the guy down to 2000 because he told me the engine wasn't making oil pressure. I took it home and found the oil pressure gauge was dead. I took out the dizzy to make sure the pump was working and once I stabbed the dizzy in and got it running oil pressure was great so I ended up taking another $400 to the guy. I felt it was fair as the engine seemed good and healthy.
Still though I have become pretty attached. I don't know, maybe if someone offered me 8 or 10 haha.
Thanks for the input though.

K-Hawk
07-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Tell the lady to look on e bay, craigs list and this fourm to get an idea of how much car she can buy. Unless she is doing the work, the car is not right for her. She can purchase many road worthy studes for $5000.00 and great ones for $10.000. Then have her make you an offer thats how much your car will be worth.