Identifying original color/options 62 GT hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying original color/options 62 GT hawk

I recently purchased a 62 GT Hawk and I am trying to find out as much info on the vehicle as possible. How can I find out what the original color was and whether the car was an original 4-speed car. I took the numbers of the cowl but the only tell me that it was a 62 hawk (62V-K6356). Also, the side grills that house the turn signals are chrome. I have yet to see any 62's that have them in chrome. Are these correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Canadian built 62s had them in chrome. You need to order a production order from the Studebaker National Museum with your cars serial number. It's located on the drivers door hinge pillar.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

thanks. I will find the serial and order one.

Comment

If you are lucky, the original color is indicated on a label stuck to the bottom (exterior) of the glove box.
        It looks like you have an early 1962 Hawk (356th body out of 9335).
        If your Serial Number starts with 62V, it was assembled in South Bend. If it starts with 62VC, it was assembled in Canada (Hamilton).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

We originally just got the build sheet for our Flamingo '61 Hawk, but, as Bob Palma pointed out, there are other records which may give you the Shipping certificate and possibly who purchased your car originally. We just did and should soon receive this information from the museum, for our Hawk. Good luck, Roly Hamilton SDC

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
          studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Working...
          X