Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does power steering pump 1550422 fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does power steering pump 1550422 fit?

cant find my bloody cd parts books

Is this the one on ebay with the little resevoir?

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes it looks exactly like the one off the cruiser but the tank is smaller and the outlet points a bit different. And, all the mountings need to be transfered. Mine leaked and Im afraid to swap the tanks for fear of messing it up before I even use it. I havent checked yet to see if it will clear (probably will). Neat to see the inspection paint daubs! Seller said it was "heavy duty" and it would fit.

Comment

Where did you find that number? So far, it doesn't show up in any of my literature either.

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Dwain, I think it's Phil Brown that's selling this item. I wrote him just to ask what the thing fit and HE didn't know but guessed it was for a taxi or some other special purpose vehicle.
          Odd thing is, it's not in my '62 or '70 price books! [B)]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

...its not listed in the chassis book? SASCO does stock this part number, its in the online catalog.

Comment

A member just emailed me that this pump is part of a power steering kit for 61 to 62 SIX cylinder. So...question is, will the six pump work on a the V8? I realize I have to change over the mount brackets...but what is the basic difference between a six pump and one for an eight?

Comment

It should work without any problem.

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

.....OK after five minutes...whats the method used to remove the bolt holding the pulley on? Should I change the tanks?

Comment

Working...
                  X