Uh-Oh: M-Series Truck Prices to Rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh-Oh: M-Series Truck Prices to Rise

In the Summer 2012 ForbesLife Magazine for the rich and would-like-to-think-they're-famous comes this from Wayne Carini, host of Chasing Classic Cars on Velocity.

Note what he recommends buying right now, and the example in the upper right corner of the page:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the text is too small on your monitor, here is what he says in the first box in the BUY column:

(1) Pickup trucks from the '40s and '50s. Highly-restored original pickup trucks are hot at the moment. Most collectors can relate to a pickup truck from their past.

(That to which it appears Wayne cannot relate, I might add, is the oxymoron of having both an original truck and a highly-restored one...perhaps his readers, here, have enough money to buy one of each. )

Anyway, don't sell your collectibles short, M-Series enthusiasts. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I thought they rose a while back! Didn't we see a '47 that sold for $76,000 a few years ago??

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      I thought they rose a while back! Didn't we see a '47 that sold for $76,000 a few years ago?? Craig
      $76,000 is probably chicken feed now, Craig! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        $76,000 is probably chicken feed now, Craig! BP
        Yep, compared to what they are calling the "Most expensive car accident" in the world last weekend in Europe involving a vintage Ferrari....

Craig
        Last edited by 8E45E; 07-13-2012, 04:58 AM.

Comment

I know that the 52 C-cab that once belonged to my Grandpa is well over $1,000,000. I have no intention of selling and if I did it would have to be well over the Million mark.

Comment

No problem, Jim!

I'll just sell you my somewhere-between-original-and-highly-restored '47 M5 for a mere $1.5 mill and I'll take that C-cab off your hands for your price!
            Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
            61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
            Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
            Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

He's right, nice old trucks are a hot item right now. I sold my rust free, completely original and operable '53 2R11 pickup with 14K miles for WAY more than anyone here thought it was worth. The buyer couldn't have been happier as he'd been looking for such a truck for several years.
              Last edited by mbstude; 07-13-2012, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                In the Summer 2012 ForbesLife Magazine for the rich and would-like-to-think-they're-famous comes this from Wayne Carini, host of Chasing Classic Cars on Velocity.

Note what he recommends buying right now, and the example in the upper right corner of the page:
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the text is too small on your monitor, here is what he says in the first box in the BUY column:

(1) Pickup trucks from the '40s and '50s. Highly-restored original pickup trucks are hot at the moment. Most collectors can relate to a pickup truck from their past.

(That to which it appears Wayne cannot relate, I might add, is the oxymoron of having both an original truck and a highly-restored one...perhaps his readers, here, have enough money to buy one of each. )

Anyway, don't sell your collectibles short, M-Series enthusiasts. BP
                I don't think that's Wayne Carini. That's a picture of Gary Ash. And that explains his choice of the M-Series picture!
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I just wish I had that much hair, LOL! And, sure, my M5 must be worth way, way more than a million. I accept cash, gold, or PayPal, but won't accept any small children, ex-wives, or farm animals in trade (Bob Palma's family dealership sure took a lot of strange things!)
                  Gary Ash
                  Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                  ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                  '48 M5
                  '65 Wagonaire Commander
                  '63 Wagonaire Standard
                  web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    He's right, nice old trucks are a hot item right now. I sold my rust free, completely original and operable '53 2R11 pickup with 14K miles for WAY more than anyone here thought it was worth. The buyer couldn't have been happier as he'd been looking for such a truck for several years.
                    Your truck had a lot going for it:
                    1) Original, non-restored.
                    2) Low mileage
                    3) Remarkable physical and mechanical condition
                    4) Low/no rust
                    3) Service vehicle

I can see why the buyer didn't flinch at your price, and I don't even know what the price was!
                    ~Matt Connor
                    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Working...
                    X