61 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Lark

Last weeks photo shot of my Lark leaving the starting line on 289 power. Engine is bore .065" for 300 cubes.

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.
    Last edited by 11SecAvanti; 07-13-2012, 05:45 AM.
    Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Originally posted by 11SecAvanti View Post
    Last weeks photo shot of my Lark leaving the starting line on 289 power. Engine is bore .063" for 300 cubes.

http://imagesbydonjew.smugmug.com/Vi...3p6r&lb=1&s=X2
    Very impressive. What tranny and what time did you turn?
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

During the heat wave, car ran 11.903 @ 110.99. Tranny is a "powerglide" and rear is 9 inch truck Ford 3.70:1
      Flat tappet regrind R cam with Fairborn springs and keepers.

I see you are near Richmond so come on over. I could use some help or help you if you want to race something. (tom c)
      Last edited by 11SecAvanti; 07-13-2012, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Holy smokes, impressive

Comment

11.09! Easy reach into the 10s! N owonder you can lift the front tires.
          My big fat chevy motor isn't going to go that fast. Whats your lark weigh?

Comment

Impressive. You may get the 4 door Larks a bit more respect.
            Too bad the picture has PROOF across the front. I would love to add that picture to my Lark screen saver collection.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Correction. Time slip was 11.903. My error and made the edit correction. But the car holds the record at 11.590 et and best mph of 118.89 set back in early May (cooler air days).

Engine has a Jeff Rice Performer Racing Intake Manifold. It Works!!! Both this car and my Avanti hold performance records for stude power and run the Rice Performer Intakes. Strange but True. Heads have Fairborn Studebaker R-3 intake/exhaust valves.

Thanks for your interest and you can link up with the "the few, the proud, the Studebaker Racers" on Sonny's site.

Comment

Very cool Pictures of a great launch!
                I am pretty sure my Hawk would fall apart if it tried to do that.

Comment

The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Working...
                  X