PDA

View Full Version : Finally took pics of my 63 Lark

chadwalker
07-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Nothing fancy....but she likes me :)

http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg584/chadwalker1/

Warren Webb
07-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Nice looking car & such an impressive condition too! Thanks for sharing.

studefan
07-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Really nice car. Uh oh. Looks like you're already getting the "talk to the hand" treatment in picture 15?

BobPalma
07-11-2012, 09:24 PM
'Lookin' good, Chad. Is that your own wedding? BP

Chris_Dresbach
07-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Nice looking car. Be sure to post some photos of it in the members Studebaker photos forum here.

showbizkid
07-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Very sweet! I wish Barney was in that shape :!:

The more I see of Rose Mist, the more I like it. I'm having trouble convincing the wife, though :rolleyes:

Lou Van Anne
07-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Very Nice!

JimC
07-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Beautiful car. Has it been restored at one point, or is that an exceptionally well preserved original? It looks great either way.

chadwalker
07-12-2012, 06:32 AM
'Lookin' good, Chad. Is that your own wedding? BP

Bob- That is actually our wedding picture. We drove Rosie away from the church. Our photographer only took about 4-5 pics of the car, which I was a bit disappointed. However i was a little distracted at the time with other more pressing things, like getting married, to make sure camera guy did his job :)

chadwalker
07-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Beautiful car. Has it been restored at one point, or is that an exceptionally well preserved original? It looks great either way.

Rosie has been restored....mostly. The interior cloth panels are new material, however all of the vinyl on the seats and door panels are original and in great condition. Lots more I realy need to do to the underside, but that will come with time.

chadwalker
07-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Yep....got the "talk to the hand".....driving out of the church parking lot! I tease my wife about that all of the time because she is not like that at all....but I always tell her I have evidence...

JimC
07-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Bob- That is actually our wedding picture. We drove Rosie away from the church. Our photographer only took about 4-5 pics of the car, which I was a bit disappointed. However i was a little distracted at the time with other more pressing things, like getting married, to make sure camera guy did his job :)That reminds me of a semi-embarassing anecdote: At the conclusion of our wedding, one of my groomsmen asked me what the "pile of luggage" I brought to the changing room in the morning was. I had never touched it, so he was wondering if it was luggage for the honeymoon. At that moment, I realized two things: First, I realized that he was talking about the bags I kept my video cameras and tripods in. My second realization was that I never set up the video cameras to record the ceremony! Now, to most people, that's not the end of the world, since you're either an amateur and the video was going to be low grade anyhow, or you've gone ahead and hired a pro so your video is just icing on the cake. But at the time my professional job, what I made my living doing, was working as a video producer! Between video and photography work, I was probably doing 30-40 weddings a year on top of countless commercial clients, so you'd think that I'd have been able to do the job. It just goes to show, even the "pros" can't overcome "wedding day jitters" :D

You definitely get points for having one of the coolest getaway cars ever. If I had my '63 when I was married (or if the '60 was drivable), I'd have loved to "escape" in a Stude.