PDA

View Full Version : Body: 51 Starlight Coupe passanger side mirror mount

pszikszai
07-10-2012, 06:32 PM
My car did not have the outside mirrors.
The parts car came with two nice rechromed ones.
If you have a passenger side mirror could you possibly
give me a rough idea of how far back from the front
and how low from the top (where the window is rolled down) it is mounted.

I followed the holes on the parts car and the driver side is OK
but the passenger side is not.
A picture with measurements or just measurements would help.

The parts car's driver side has five or six holes drilled for the mirror, indicating that it too had problems with it.

Thanks.

Paul

mbstude
07-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Paul, there's a '51 coupe in my garage and it has both mirrors. Let me say that no matter where you put the passenger mirror, it'll either be totally out of sight (useless) or in the way of the vent window. In other words, put it where you think it looks best and forget about it being usable.

That said, I could always get you measurements or even make you a template. Just let me know.

ST2DE5
07-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Wouldn't the holes on the drivers side be the same on the passengers side?

52-fan
07-10-2012, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=mbstude;661251]Paul, there's a '51 coupe in my garage and it has both mirrors. Let me say that no matter where you put the passenger mirror, it'll either be totally out of sight (useless) or in the way of the vent window. In other words, put it where you think it looks best and forget about it being usable.

Interesting, I thought the Driver's side mirror on my 52 was very useful and I don't recall it interfering with the vent window. I can't find any closeups, but here are some shots.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/52%20Studebakers/OldSpotBWphotos002.jpghttp://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/52%20Studebakers/OldSpotBWphotos007_NEW.jpg

mbstude
07-10-2012, 08:49 PM
The driver's side works fine. He was asking about the right side.

pszikszai
07-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Thank you guys.
I suspect that it wont work.
I will just plug the holes.
Thanks again.
Paul