PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting my 1937 out of hibernation

go-studebaker
07-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi guys,
I dont know about you, but finally getting my 1937 Studebaker out of winter strorage and running again really gave me a buzz.

It would have to be my most common car, but for some reason is always my favorite to drive of the old bangers, I own. My 39 Packard may be magnificent on the road by comparison, but that 37 Dictator, just seems to have a good feel to it, in my opinion.

Since I have too many cars, just clearing cars in the shed to get to the back one can be a bit of a chore. I think if you only have a few cars, this may not make any sense to you, but when I drive Studebakers all the time, getting a bit of a buzz, is more on the unusual side.

For the 1937's reward it was driven to work today and will soon be grease / oil changed and packed off to Spain and France for a 3 week holiday, at a relaxed pace, on 8th Aug.

Afterall it is 70 years old this year and that is cause for a little excursion. Our Trip will take us to Bilbao in Spain and head towards the Pyrenees via Pampolona, then right on up through Eastern france via Loire valley, then averting Paris up to the WW1 battlefields near Belgium and back out to the UK vis Cherbourg. Nothing is booked except the ferry so whatever happens in between will be interesting.

So get your Studebakers out there and try and make the time to drive them.

Happy Studebakering

Greg

Greg Diffen
Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
1939 Commander Sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards
1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
1961 Hawk
1963 Daytona Hardtop
1988 Avanti Convertible

rusty nut garage
07-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Sounds like you need to take alot of pictures and then write an article for TW!!
Most of us will never see these places, much less behind the windshield of a STUDEBAKER.

quote:Originally posted by go-studebaker

Hi guys,
I dont know about you, but finally getting my 1937 Studebaker out of winter strorage and running again really gave me a buzz.

It would have to be my most common car, but for some reason is always my favorite to drive of the old bangers, I own. My 39 Packard may be magnificent on the road by comparison, but that 37 Dictator, just seems to have a good feel to it, in my opinion.

Since I have too many cars, just clearing cars in the shed to get to the back one can be a bit of a chore. I think if you only have a few cars, this may not make any sense to you, but when I drive Studebakers all the time, getting a bit of a buzz, is more on the unusual side.

For the 1937's reward it was driven to work today and will soon be grease / oil changed and packed off to Spain and France for a 3 week holiday, at a relaxed pace, on 8th Aug.

Afterall it is 70 years old this year and that is cause for a little excursion. Our Trip will take us to Bilbao in Spain and head towards the Pyrenees via Pampolona, then right on up through Eastern france via Loire valley, then averting Paris up to the WW1 battlefields near Belgium and back out to the UK vis Cherbourg. Nothing is booked except the ferry so whatever happens in between will be interesting.

Happy Studebakering

Greg

Greg Diffen

1961 Hawk
1963 Daytona Hardtop
1988 Avanti Convertible

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
57 SH (project)
60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

rusty nut garage
07-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Sounds like you need to take alot of pictures and then write an article for TW!!
Most of us will never see these places, much less behind the windshield of a STUDEBAKER.

quote:Originally posted by go-studebaker

Hi guys,

Happy Studebakering

Greg

Greg Diffen

1961 Hawk
1963 Daytona Hardtop
1988 Avanti Convertible