Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 62 Hawk seats

62 Hawk Seats
    Has anyone put in other front seats that would have headrest on them to replace the existing seats? If you did, what seats did you use? Something out of a convertible would be nice because it would have a three point seat belt built in.

My 64 Hawk seats have headrest, the seats seem to be the correct seats from all of the pictures of other Hawks I have seen but the build sheet makes no mention of headrest. I guess what I am saying is, if its not factory, then a good inetrior shop can install head rest to the seats you have now. Just a thought.

Comment

I too, have often contemplated what you are. Currently prepping a GT for the wife to drive, I am again focused on safety first. Each year, at the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, KY, I see lots of seats out of late model cars for sale. They are not cheap, but almost new, leather OEM seats can be found with the belts anchored into the backrest, as you describe. They are usually out of 2-door cars. Looking at several seats over the years, many GM, Ford and Mopar seats look easily adaptable to a Stude.

Comment

Correction: The seats I've looked at are usually out of 4-door cars, which is OK for a 4-door Stude, but not for a Hawk. The problem with 4-door seats is that they usually do not flip forward for rear seat entry/exit. But 2-door seats with seat belts anchored in the backrest (and flip forward) can be found, just not nearly as easily.

Comment

My favorite seats were out of a late GTO (like 04-06) you can find them on Ebay everyday.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, I looked at a modified Hawk with Monte Carlo seats. IIRC, they were from a 2003. Both the fronts and rear seats fit like they belonged there.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              A couple of weeks ago, I looked at a modified Hawk with Monte Carlo seats. IIRC, they were from a 2003. Both the fronts and rear seats fit like they belonged there.
              Thanks, Will have to check that out. There should be a few of those cars in the savage yards by now.

Comment

Working...
              X