gold plating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gold plating

Has anyone ever used a plug and play plating kit to plate the 18 carat gold pieces on 55 President hubcaps, hood ornament, inside door and window cranks ?
    There is at least one system I found online. Caswell Plating.
    It's a small wand and solution and power source kit.
    Did it work ?
    Did it look good ?
    Matt Burnett. Have you looked at this ?
    Did a search.
    There was a thread from 2007 about this, didn't see anything newer.
    Last edited by 55 56 PREZ 4D; 07-05-2012, 03:04 PM. Reason: added search info
    South Lompoc Studebaker

I did some time back. The kit requires a lot of practice, more than I was inclined to put into it at that time. I would check with the local car lots to find out who does their work. I think that would result in a quicker and better quality result. Now I'll have to dig that kit out and practice. I'm blaming you.

Comment

My ex-wife used to say that.
      She was of the opinion that if I was standing alone in the middle of a forest and mumbled to myself, I was still wrong.
      I figured, I may not be right but I was never wrong.
      South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

The "gold" in the 55 hubcaps isn't - isn't gold, that is. And there's a clear gold (yellow) spray paint that's available that's supposed to do a damned good imitatation on the 55 covers.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

There is a thread on that paint. The paint can't be found/no longer made.
          Matt and a couple others chimed in and hadn't found a substitute.
          Unless there has been something else found recently.
          South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
          X