Lost track of time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost track of time.

Yesterday the fourth of July I was invited to go to a BBQ at Bob Petersons.
    Well this is what happened I never made it. This is why. I was up about 7 a.m.
    Had plenty of time to kill before I was going to Bob's. So I decided to go to a shop
    for a couple of hours. Took the dust cover for my 700r4 , wanted to see how it would
    fit. It is a picture of it before I started.

First thing I did was to take the old cross member out which made it easier to fit the dust cover. Went under the car with dust cover tried to put in place temporarily, noticed the first thing I had to do was take off the V on the driver-side. Used my small grinder with a floppy disk , melted the V right off. Back under the car, the next step was to fit it to the angle of the adapter plate. Scribed the angle of the adapter plate to the dust cover, cut the angle with a die grinder with a cut off wheel, four cuts later this is what the dust cover looks like.

This is what it looks like in place.

Fitting that dust cover took a while, I did not want to finish until it was done, so I missed a good BBQ, sorry Bob, will see you Later today.

That's all for this post, will post past progress later.

nibbs53 Patrick.

Patrick, I usually recommend searching for a Buick,Olds or Pontiac metal OEM cover,can't remember which, that had the starter on the drivers side. They will fit right on adapter plate equipped Studes without mods. I found mine at a swap meet.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
    X