Ultimate and Impossible Car game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate and Impossible Car game

Are you a car guy? Are you up for a simple yet nearly impossible challenge? Go somewhere where you can watch traffic go by. Correctly identify the MAKE of FIvE cars as they drive by. It is impossible.

Not funny....but true! If it weren't for grille emblems, many of us would be stuck nowadays.

After all, when you shower a bar of soap with a water spray in a wind tunnel for "design," there's only one basic way that bar of soap is gonna look at the end of its bath.

Perhaps subtle design variants nowadays depend on whether the designer uses Irish Spring, Dial, Ivory, or, for a more feminine accent, Dove....and varying the water pressure and wind velocity. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
      Are you a car guy? Are you up for a simple yet nearly impossible challenge? Go somewhere where you can watch traffic go by. Correctly identify the MAKE of FIvE cars as they drive by. It is impossible.
      Thats why we call them " jelly beans " , they all look alike, just different colors........Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Thats why we call them " jelly beans " , they all look alike, just different colors........Keep on Studebakering
        And few colors at that. Maybe because of our Florida heat , it seems that 60% of the newish
        cars are Silver ,or a close variant , and 20% are white , with the remainder being evenly divided
        between black and the occasional actual color.
        Most of the recent attempts at individuality have produced awkward looking cars.
        Bill H
        Daytona Beach
        SDC member since 1970
        Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Not funny....but true! If it weren't for grille emblems, many of us would be stuck nowadays.

After all, when you shower a bar of soap with a water spray in a wind tunnel for "design," there's only one basic way that bar of soap is gonna look at the end of its bath.

Perhaps subtle design variants nowadays depend on whether the designer uses Irish Spring, Dial, Ivory, or, for a more feminine accent, Dove....and varying the water pressure and wind velocity. BP
          You are absolutely correct, Bob. Aerodynamics are aerodynamics and nowadays that seems to be all that counts in automobile design. I am convinced that when my wife bought a new VW Jetta in 2001 the fact that it looked different was at least one reason for the purchase. It did not take long for the VW design to be copied and for VW to give in to what others looked like as well. It is really bad when you admire a car's looks only to find that its a Hyundai and not a BMW.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I used to love doing that when I was about 9 (in 1960). I was good at it too. I rarely saw one I could not recognize. I could tell you the year also. Those were the days.....
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

From what I've observed, the Hyundai 'jellybean' models seem to have a bit more style than all the other 'jellybean' models.

Comment

This thread is SO on the money!!!!!!
                1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

It is not impossible. I can identify the make and usually the model and approximate year of most of the cars now on the road. Perhaps I have kept up with the late model cars more than some here. I agree that MOST of the sedans look similar in profile. The front and rear are where the biggest differences are.
                  Right now, our everyday cars are a PT Cruiser and an Acura 3.2 CL. What cars would they be confused with?
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      It is not impossible. I can identify the make and usually the model and approximate year of most of the cars now on the road. Perhaps I have kept up with the late model cars more than some here. I agree that MOST of the sedans look similar in profile. The front and rear are where the biggest differences are.
                      Right now, our everyday cars are a PT Cruiser and an Acura 3.2 CL. What cars would they be confused with?
                      A NEW game would be which two separate makes are next to impossible to tell apart unless one looks at the nameplate. Graham Hollywood and Hupmobile Skylark comes to mind as do Dodge and Fargo trucks in the late '60's; early '70's. Today, a Dacia Logan and a Renault (which I believe is also called a Logan) comes to mind.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X