PDA

View Full Version : Body: dash removal 50 champion

50pete
07-03-2012, 11:33 AM
need help, trying to remove the dash. removed all the fasteners i can see. looked under the dash, can't even tell where the dash ends & the body begins. Thanks

rockne10
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
The shop manual should give pretty detailed instructions. I have it here somewhere on CD but can't find it at the moment.
Perhaps you should invest in one. I think it's only $20 and gives you all the parts catalogs as well.

DWBookout
07-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Service Manual is a must as well as the Chassis and Body Parts Manuals if you are going to get serious about this car. That being said, here are the attachment points that I can recall. One Philips screw on the top center of the dash. The windshield wiper control. Two bolts at each end of the dash being sure to save the rubber cushions. Several connections around the steering column including the parking brake lever. If a radio is installed, it's best to remove it to reduce weight and get better access to the electrical wiring, the oil pressure line and the speedometer cable. The instrument assembly can be dropped out and left in the car or disconnected and removed with the dash, your choice. All of the wiring will be faded and brittle so be careful and mark every wire you take loose. Unlike modern cars every wire has an individual termination, mostly small nuts or round connectors. It's really not as bad as it sounds if you go slowly keep notes. Digital photos are a plus.

Bullet
07-07-2012, 10:50 PM
I have a 1950 Champion dash out at home and can take pictures of the mounting points on Tuesday night, if you don't have it figured out by then. I am traveling and won't be back until then.

Mark