57 GH Throttle Pressure rod spring clip needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 GH Throttle Pressure rod spring clip needed

The rod frequently falls off at the front ball socket. The spring clip that goes around the rod is shot. Does anyone know where I can get a new clip?
    My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
    My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: Since 1970 and counting!

I may be wrong...but isn't there a groment and a clip.. Stude International has the groment that would make the rod tight. I might be thinking of the actual shift groment or the kick down groment. Usually anything clipped has help to keep it tight. I have a 61 so we are close but not exact.

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
      I may be wrong...but isn't there a groment and a clip.. Stude International has the groment that would make the rod tight. I might be thinking of the actual shift groment or the kick down groment. Usually anything clipped has help to keep it tight. I have a 61 so we are close but not exact.
      The crank has a ball and the rod has a socket. There is a spring clip that slips over the rod to capture the ball and keep it in the socket.

Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959

sigpic

Comment

555-15740
        Carb Linkage Swivel Fits 1/4"-28 RH thottle linkage rod <LI sizcache="0" sizset="19">1/4"-28 RH Male x 1/4"-28 Female
        View this item
        $4.49
        Ships
        Today

This is from JEGGS.
        555-15741
        Carb Linkage Swivel Fits 1/4"-28 LH thottle linkage rod <LI sizcache="0" sizset="24">1/4"-28 LH Male x 1/4"-28 Female
        View this item
        $5.99
        Ships
        Today

Comment

555-15740
          Carb Linkage Swivel Fits 1/4"-28 RH thottle linkage rod <LI sizcache="0" sizset="19">1/4"-28 RH Male x 1/4"-28 Female
          View this item
          $4.49
          Ships
          Today

This is from JEGGS.
          555-15741
          Carb Linkage Swivel Fits 1/4"-28 LH thottle linkage rod <LI sizcache="0" sizset="24">1/4"-28 LH Male x 1/4"-28 Female
          View this item
          $5.99
          Ships
          Today
          The picture shows the clip I need. It's the semi circular spring clip as shown in the picture. If I can't find one I may just buy this and see if it fits.
          Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

I was looking around for you and so far that is all I found. I did find several suggestions though and two good ones were:

Use small wire ties around the elongated clip. OR
            Take a small hose clamp cut a slot in it for the rod and tighten that around the bad clip.

OK I'll leave you alone unless I find the exact clip.

Comment

I was looking around for you and so far that is all I found. I did find several suggestions though and two good ones were:

Use small wire ties around the elongated clip. OR
              Take a small hose clamp cut a slot in it for the rod and tighten that around the bad clip.

OK I'll leave you alone unless I find the exact clip.
              I appreciate your time and effort. I'm going to take the picture I posted to an auto parts store, maybe they have a bulk assortment. It can't be that strange an item, right?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X