J.C.Taylor or Hagerty??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.C.Taylor or Hagerty??

I have been with Taylor for some time and have liked them so this time I checked with Hagerty to see their prices, before I had 7 cars with J.C. Taylor and 3 of them were just cheap coverage so this time I checked with Hagerty on 5 cars with higher coverage and Hagerty was $200.00 a year cheaper, they wanted 4 pictures of each so today we took pictures and here is one of each with a total of $76,000.00 coverage on the 5 cars one year $350.00.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Mr. P, you might want to check out Infinity: https://www.infinityauto.com/en/index.jsp

i had it on the '40. less expensive than the quotes from the companies you stated. 9K mileage per year, agreed value of $14K and a semi-local agent (near Raleigh) to deal with instead of a "call bank". was around $180 per year.

"your state may vary"...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
      /Cut/
      Bob; what do you call this thing, a '53, '56, '62 Golden, Commander GT Hawk?

Different is good, I like it!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich I guess you can call it black , load, and rather fast, 300HP 327 and 4 speed with 373 TT rear emd.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I have been with Heacock for sometime with very good service. Worth the consideration.

Last edited by Silverplate; 06-30-2012, 02:30 PM.
          Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
          Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I've insured with Taylor for many years.......had one claim...... quick service,no problems!

Comment

I have used JC Taylor since 1985 but never had a claim. A couple of years ago my local agent insisted I get a quote from Hagerty. They were 3 times higher than JCT. Also out of loyalty as JCT advertizes in our newsletter and has kicked in some cash when we held some state and Zone meets, I decided to stay with JCT. Still hope I don't ever have to file a claim.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                Rich I guess you can call it black, loud, and rather fast~ 300HP 327 and 4 speed with 3.73 TT rear end.
                say, Bob~

Though I'm not normally a C/K kind of guy...
                If you should ever wanna not have that one anymore-

PLEASE allow me to call it 'mine'!!!!
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I think you've got a really good price with that many vehicles covered for $350. My Hagerty coverage for the 76 Avanti in the Chicago area is around $250 a year. What year did the Black Hawk start out as? It looks like 56 Golden Hawk fins, 53 tail lights and a 62-64 top. Maybe that is your own recipe for "Studebaker Hawk Stew". Everything looks good together, and the 327 should get it down the road.
                  sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

There is a very good chance that Bob started with a '62 or Early '63 GT Hawk with the silver dash, because the roof and main body are very difficult to cut up and modify, the rest is Easy, mostly bolt-on. The Tail Lights are not '53, they are 1956 as are the GH Fins and Mouldings, it is the Decklid that is '53-'55.
                    The bumper is '55-'64.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      There is a very good chance that Bob started with a '62 or Early '63 GT Hawk with the silver dash, because the roof and main body are very difficult to cut up and modify, the rest is Easy, mostly bolt-on. The Tail Lights are not '53, they are 1956 as are the GH Fins and Mouldings, it is the Decklid that is '53-'55.
                      The bumper is '55-'64.
                      Yes Rich is right about the 62 GT also every thing you can see from the side, hood is a perfect 56 and same grille, head light rims are 63-64, seats are 63.

Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Former Taylor customer, been with Hagerty over 7 years now. Great rates, roadside assistance, nice quarterly magazine, and, they are real CAR GUYS.
                        JS
                        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I was with Taylor for 20 years without any problems. I then wanted to insure my first modified Studebaker. Taylor refused me insurance on it. Since then, they have insured modified cars. This is why I switched to Hagerty. All of my Studebakers for the past 20 plus years have been with Hagerty. For one, I tried a semi-local agent that was soliciting business at a large, local car show. They were full of problems even though they were just an agent selling for Hagerty. For example, Hagerty sent a refund for me to the agent. I had a very difficult time getting my money back from the agent. I have gone through the local agent that handles my everyday cars, home and umbrella. They also placed the insurance through Hagerty and were excellent to deal with. They were able to get the liability coverage increased from the normal Hagery options. I paid much more, but that is a combination of increased coverage, New York State and modified vehicles.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yep, the MODIFIED issue is what drove me away from Taylor. But, as you said, now they are accepted, guess they realized they needed to change with the times.
                            JS
                            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Been with JCT for twenty years, the premium is $100/year, has never changed for:

$10K agreed value
                              $300K liability
                              zero detectible

Why would I shop around?

Comment

Working...
                              X