PDA

View Full Version : Body: Wanted: C Body Drip Rail Mouldings

3x2stude
06-30-2012, 08:09 AM
I am in need of a "perfect" set of C-body drip rail mouldings for my 61 Hawk. The ones on the car are sad, dents, kinks and deep grind marks from a previous paint job. Can anyone help a fellow American who's down on his luck?

Jon Kammer

jg61hawk
07-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Did you try Matt Burnette 912 253 3037. He's always here on the forum, and writes in Turning Wheels. You may get more response to wanted parts on the General Stude side of the forum. I do think Matt can get you the rail stainless.
mbstude

Golden Hawk Member http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/image.php?u=616&dateline=1274191288 (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/member.php?616-mbstude)

mbstude
07-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the plug Jim but I don't have any.

jg61hawk
07-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Alright then..... Can you fix his? I have a set that ain't perfect but maybe you can fix these and sell them to him! Hey 3x2 Stude join in here cause you're the one lookin for help. I love 61 Hawks and often can be convinced to give away parts to help one, so join in son it's your post. You want Matt to restore yours, restore mine, or just paint that damn rail with silver paint. It's your cow to milk.

warrlaw1
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM
That drip rail stainless is really easy to mark up. I read somewhere that it should roll on or off with just hand pressure. If that's all it takes, once it is off, those marks should come out. I bet Matt can do it.

mbstude
07-03-2012, 04:01 PM
I sold Jon a set and they got destroyed in shipping. Thankfully I put insurance on them but he still needs a perfect set.

Of all the trim out there that I've done, drip rail moldings are my least favorite. It's near impossible to get them right and even then they usually get distorted when trying to install them. Hammering out dents leads to "outie" dents since the trim is so thin, and smoothing out imperfections with the sander will leave you holes. I appreciate your guys confidence in me, but drip rails (and Speedster side trim).. I'll pass, thanks.

jg61hawk
07-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Oh now we have the rest of the story. All right then. I have a decent set I am willingl to give to Jon but it is not perfect but close. Matt if I ship it to you can / will you fix and this time ship it UPS and let them pack it for the extra $$$$? Or I'll ship it to JON and let him deal with it. But truth be told I don't want to give away a set that is equal to what he already has so now he two sets of restorable stuff that just isn't being restored. Look my phone is 908 489 6943. Jim Glass. I may or may not check back here ( As Bo Markum once told told me: " I like Studebakers but I've never married one." He added some other comments that I can't write here!!!!) So Matt or JON if you want what I have free of charge call me or try posting here.

3x2stude
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
JG61HAWK,

You seem to be pretty quick to tell someone else how to build their car. I am not going to paint the drip rails and I am still looking for some decent trim. If you don't have trim or a lead keep it to yourself. No hard feelings but really?

Regards,

Jon Kammer

rockne10
07-03-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm happy to not have them on Désirée. She's a Regal trim '53 but, it's just another crevice to attract rust.

jg61hawk
07-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Jon and I just spoke on the phone. All is well in Stude Land. He'll be getting some drip rails ( no not laced with TNT).

3x2stude
07-03-2012, 10:36 PM
JG61 HAWK is going to send me a set of drip rails, no charge. I will try to pass on the favor.

Jon Kammer :)

jg61hawk
07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Jon did they arrive in decent shape? I see UPS tracking says you recieved them yesterday. If they are damaged in shipping let me know because I insured them. I sent them to you free but UPS isn't using Studebaker Trucks that I know of...so let me know.

studebaker56j
08-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Jon, I probably ave these for you. Dwayne

I am in need of a "perfect" set of C-body drip rail mouldings for my 61 Hawk. The ones on the car are sad, dents, kinks and deep grind marks from a previous paint job. Can anyone help a fellow American who's down on his luck?

Jon Kammer