PDA

View Full Version : Jan and the Studebakers

Sdude
06-29-2012, 11:53 PM
16100I got a call today from a friend that told me there was a car show in Davis tonight. He said a band by the name of Jan and the Studebakers would be playing. I had to go.

Counting mine there were two Studebakers there, both bullet noses. When I took a look at the banner behind the band, lo and behold it had a yellow bullet nose on it. Needless to say, when I drove up in mine, they ushered me to the parking spot in front of the band.

After the break, I had the band gather round my car for a photo shoot. They loved it. I hope to see their pictures on their web site soon. They asked me if they could get together for a more professional shoot at a later date when they could dress up in their 50s garb.

The licence plate on the 50 Bullet nose says "L Stude", L being roman numeral for 50.

JimC
06-30-2012, 12:20 AM
That's cool! You'll have to post links to the band's page when the pics show up.

I wonder how many people see the "L STUDE" plates and tell their friends "That's a Model L Studebaker! My Great uncle used to have one, except it had the moving headlight in the middle." :D

BobPalma
06-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Neat story, Jon; congrats. :!: BP

Pat Dilling
06-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Excellent, if you hear about them playing car shows in the future let me know and we will come represent with you.