PDA

View Full Version : window regulator

studelover
07-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I have my doors off and somehow one of the bodymen tried to lower the window without lubing the regulator. It's a little bent there is a triangle looking part and I don't know if it is supposed to be in the channel or not. I am having new glass installed so I guess if the guy is having trouble he will tell me. Is there a small parts kit I should be getting?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/mr1940/IMG_0623.jpg

Studebakers forever!

55s
07-18-2007, 12:05 AM
My guess is that the drivers door window regulator may be shot or worn out. They are getting scarcer to find. You should be able to tell with it out of the car.

In addition to lubing the mechanism, there are tracks filled with felt-like channels that the window slides up and down on and the felt-like part often rots away. You can buy new.

The shop manual shows how to get glass in and out. The glass comes out the top, and the mechanism comes through the access hole. The cat whiskers (on the sides at the top of the door) need to be out to get the glass in.

Its not really hard, but fiddelly, because the mechanism and the tracks both need to be in shape for it to go up and own properly.

Paul