PDA

View Full Version : Where's John Clary?

kurtruk
06-26-2012, 07:16 PM
I miss John's (jclary) posts here. Anyone know what's up? :confused:

wolfie
06-27-2012, 10:53 PM
I spoke with John for a few minutes this morning. He is doing some home repairs that are monopolizing most of his free time currently but seemed well otherwise. Steve

kurtruk
06-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks, wolfie. That's good to hear. So he's doing two things I am not: Home repairs and staying off the Forum. No wonder he gets so much done. :!:

jclary
06-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Gosh:ohmy:,…I hope I did not cause too much concern :o(blush)…although I am a bit flattered that anyone would notice I was not around.

After a year of back and forth between the roofing contractor, manufacturer, and the insurance company…I was finally able to get a settlement on the warrantee of my roof. That set off a frenzy of getting quotes. Like most projects, I get involved in…there is usually an element of “mission creep” where the project grows in a never-ending cycle. Besides a new roof, the house was overdue for new siding, roof vents, soffit and eve repair, windows, etc. Ever the frugal one…I had to find a contractor that would put up with me providing “sweat equity” where I could to reduce cost. While I agreed to pay for roofing, siding, and window work, I decided to build new porch columns, railings, and the shutters myself.

In addition to the carpentry and painting work I am doing, I cut down my shrubbery plants to the extent that it required two large trailer loads to haul off the cuttings. I have lost in excess of ten pounds in the process. I have fallen so far behind in my garden work that I gave up on keeping it “weeded” in the traditional way and have taken to mowing the grass between the rows so that I can distinguish the vegetable plants from the grass.

Today, I decided to take a short “cooling off” ride on my motorcycle. I went into the man cave and removed the cover off the bike, blew off the dust and spiders with my air gun, and was surprised when the thing cranked up. I pulled it out onto the lawn under the shade of my maple tree. As I was walking around it for a “pre-ride” inspection, I noticed the sticker on the tag had expired in April! It took another twenty minutes for me to find where my wife had placed the new registration and tag sticker. I managed a short ride on a few local country roads.

Later this evening, my wife’s cousin showed up with her husband. She wanted me to show him my cars. As if I needed another reminder of how far behind I am on my usual activities…I was embarrassed because the cars have about a half inch of dust on them. I also discovered a huge wasp nest in the little kiddy peddle truck mounted in the bed of my C-cab.

So…now, you know why I have not been around. At least the forum moderator has not had to threaten to lock any threads because of my comments lately.;)

Only three more buildings to paint and one more to re-roof and when that’s done…look out! …Some of you will be wishing I would leave. (again):)

Warren Webb
06-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm glad to see your in fine spirts John & wish I had your energy!!