PDA

View Full Version : Ozark Trails Orphan Car Show Branson Sept 7-8

Gary1953
06-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Everyone is invited to the Ozark Trails 17th Annual Orphan Car Show. The show will be held Fri and Saturday Sept. 7-8 at The Landing in downtown Branson, MO. This is a new location for the show and we are looking forward to hosting the show at this new location.

We are expecting a large turn out of orphan cars and trucks this year. We will be joined by the Muntz Jet owners and they are expecting 12 to 16 Muntz Jets to be in attendance. We also have been in contact with the owner of Tucker #17 and he has made the commitment to bring his Tucker to our show. There are very few Tuckers that are not in a permanant museum display and #17 is one of those cars. This will be a great opportunity to see a Tucker outside of a museum.

The meet hotel will be the Ramada Inn 1700 W. Hwy 76, Branson, MO 65616 phone 417-334-1000. Room rate is $50.72 per night. Please tell them you are with the Orphan Car Show. The Ramada is next door to Area 57 where we have held our Orphan Show before.

The Landing is a mile long outdoor upscale shopping area located next to the lake in downtown Branson. We want to park as many cars as possible down the center of the "Promenade". Cars parked in the "Prominade" will be asked to have their cars in place before 10:00 AM and will have to leave their car in position until 10:00 PM. The Landing will not allow vechicle traffic during business hours. There will also be parking for display on the north end of the Landing by the Belk's Deptment Store. There will be shuttle service avilable all day long from The Landing to the far west end of '76' and back.

For anyone that has attended the show in the past two years you should be getting a registration form in your mail within the next week. Fees and more information will be on the registration form. We will once again be providing a meet T-Shirt with each registration.

In mid February the Meet Committee had picked out a meet hotel and location but the February 29th tornado forced us to make new arrangements since both were heavily damaged.
We are trying to get the word out as fast we can and hope some of you can pass this information on to any orphan car owners you may know.

If you have never attended on of the Ozark Trails Orphan Car Shows you are missing a good time. This is also Drive Your Studebaker Day.
We feel like this will be a great show with the large assortment of Studebakers, Packards, Kaisers, Nashs and others plus the Tucker and the Muntz's.

For more details you may contact me via email.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Branson in Sept.

Bumping this up.
This will be a great show make plans now.

Gary1953
08-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Bumping this up.
This will be a great show make plans now.

Chris Pile
08-13-2012, 11:19 PM
I believe we have several couples from Midway Chapter planning to attend.

41 Frank
08-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Do I register in advance or when I arrive Gary? I can't remember what I did last year.

52-fan
08-14-2012, 10:01 AM
I missed the original post on this topic. The Orphan Car Show in Branson is my favorite trip all year. Lots of interesting cars and some interesting characters to go with them. The new location will be a bit less convenient to the motel, but should provide some new oportunities for others to see the cars.
If you have family members that don't want to stay at the show there are many things to do in Branson. When my children were younger, we used to come a few days early and see some of the attractions.

41 Frank
08-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Look forward to seeing you again Howard! While the new location will be a little more inconvenient for the participants, I agree that it will be a prime spot for exposure of our cars to the public, which is a positive. Last years location,not so much. I will have a tow vehicle there so whenever the ladies want to go exploring they can do so. I see little need for that as there appears to be plenty to see and do at the Landing. Visited with your brother Joe most of the week in SB as he was vending right next to us. Even bought a NOS trunk hinge from him for my 41 that I had been looking for a long time.

I missed the original post on this topic. The Orphan Car Show in Branson is my favorite trip all year. Lots of interesting cars and some interesting characters to go with them. The new location will be a bit less convenient to the motel, but should provide some new oportunities for others to see the cars.
If you have family members that don't want to stay at the show there are many things to do in Branson. When my children were younger, we used to come a few days early and see some of the attractions.

TX Rebel
08-14-2012, 04:16 PM
I attended the show in '09 and had a great time. Branson is a clean, fun place to visit & prices are reasonable there..It is a shame that the '57 Heaven Car Museum was auctioned off in '10 & the other car museum there was wrecked in the Spring tornadoes. Most of the attractions are repaired & back in operation, except for the car museum and a few restaurants & older motels which are being demolished.
We spent a couple of days there on the way home from SB & took in 2 great shows: an Eagles tribute concert which was very well performed & the impressive & extravagant production of JOSEPH at the palatial Sight and Sound Theater. I wish I had the time to attend both the Springfield Swap Meet & the Orphan Show but it won't happen this year.

Gary1953
08-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Do I register in advance or when I arrive Gary? I can't remember what I did last year.

You can do either. You should have received a registeration in the mail about three week ago.
If you can't find it you can register in Branson.

41 Frank
08-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Found it! Thanks Gary.

You can do either. You should have received a registeration in the mail about three week ago.
If you can't find it you can register in Branson.

clonelark
08-15-2012, 08:16 AM
. Cars parked in the "Prominade" will be asked to have their cars in place before 10:00 AM and will have to leave their car in position until 10:00 PM. The Landing will not allow vechicle traffic during business hours.

So does this mean if you put your car in the show,you cant drive around Branson?
If thats the case i cant come.

41 Frank
08-15-2012, 09:27 AM
There is a place reserved outside the promenade for those wanting to use their vehicle during the day where you can display your car and come and go as you please.

. Cars parked in the "Prominade" will be asked to have their cars in place before 10:00 AM and will have to leave their car in position until 10:00 PM. The Landing will not allow vechicle traffic during business hours.

So does this mean if you put your car in the show,you cant drive around Branson?
If thats the case i cant come.

52-fan
08-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Look forward to seeing you again Howard! While the new location will be a little more inconvenient for the participants, I agree Howard that it will be a prime spot for exposure of our cars to the public, which is a positive. Last years location,not so much. I will have a tow vehicle there so whenever the ladies want to go exploring they can do so. I see little need for that as there appears to be plenty to see and do at the Landing. Visited with your brother Joe most of the week in SB as he was vending right next to us. Even bought a NOS trunk hinge from him for my 41 that I had been looking for a long time.

Frank, looking forward to seeing you at in Branson. Funny thing about that hinge is that Joe had it at Springfield and no one was interested. I think being inside was a big plus for his sales.
We are going to the big all-make swap meet at the Ozark Empire fairgrounds this Saturday and Joe will be looking for Studebaker goodies he can pass along. Sometimes we find a treasure among all the Chevy, Ford etc. stuff.

41 Frank
08-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Funny that Joe had two of those hinges and I only needed one, found the other one in our own stuff last year. It is now on the car and will be good to go for another 71 years! Our plan is to bring our 63 Daytona convertible to Branson this time, the red one, that showed up on this Forum a few days ago. Nothing much ever shows up in the way of Studebaker stuff at the all makes swaps here either Howard.

Frank, looking forward to seeing you at in Branson. Funny thing about that hinge is that Joe had it at Springfield and no one was interested. I think being inside was a big plus for his sales.
We are going to the big all-make swap meet at the Ozark Empire fairgrounds this Saturday and Joe will be looking for Studebaker goodies he can pass along. Sometimes we find a treasure among all the Chevy, Ford etc. stuff.

Gary1953
08-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Still plenty of time to make arrangements for the 17th Ozark Trails Orphan Car Show Sept 7-8 Branson, MO.

41 Frank
08-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Today we added a day at the Ramada host motel to the front of our stay, to do some Branson shows. Ordered up a couple of tickets to Moe Bandy and Gene Watson, performing at the Starlite theater Wednesday Sept. 5th. We saw a show there last year, in the lobby is a 56? Studebaker along with other 50's stuff We will be rolling in late afternoon on Wednesday.

Gary1953
08-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Looking forward to seeing you in Branson. Should be a great time.

52-fan
08-29-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm glad you updated so I would remember to see if my vacation days were approved. I expect to be in Branson with Joe on Friday, but around here you never know.

Gary1953
09-04-2012, 08:54 PM
The Orphan show will be this weekend.
Hope to see many of you there.

52-fan
09-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Anything happening on Friday? Joe and I have some options on how early to leave home.

irish
09-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Isn't the show on Friday and Saturday, one search online said it was Saturday and Sunday?

Joe

dusty taylor
09-05-2012, 03:16 PM
The show is Friday and Saturday. Dusty

52-fan
09-05-2012, 03:17 PM
The main reason I asked the question was, that with the show being in a different location than the motel, I wasn't sure what might be happening Friday afternoon/evening. Usually we walk around and look at the cars that are already on site, but they may be more scattered this year.

Gary1953
09-07-2012, 08:28 PM
These are some of the orphans that were at Branson today.

http://studebu.tripod.com/id185.html

More tomorrow.
Not to late to join the fun.

41 Frank
09-07-2012, 08:45 PM
We spent the day at the mall show and were released at 4.30pm rather than 10 pm due to inclement weather moving in. This whole section of Missouri is taking a beating tonight weather wise. The management was gracious enough to let us use their part of the parking garage for free and that is where our '63 convert resides tonight. We hitched a ride back to the motel with Dusty Taylor and Wanda after we all had dinner together at a steak house at the mall. They were forecasting large hail but that did not happen as far as I know. We did get hail yesterday at the motel but it only got up to nickel size and no orphans were harmed. Tomorrow a dry cool day is forecast, should be a good show.