Blindfolded Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blindfolded Quiz

During the recent Barrett-Jackson broadcast on SPEED channel, they took "experts" and blindfolded them. Then took them to a car and put their hands on the A-pillar. They were then allow to feel all over the car.Then timed them to see how long it took to identify year, model and make of the car. This looks like it might be fun to do for a small panel of "experts" at the International Meet. The make of the car would be a gimmie, but model and year may be stumper for some pre-war and seldom seen models. Could be quite a hoot. Anyone interested?
    Last edited by Son O Lark; 06-26-2012, 07:30 AM.

Years ago, when i was a member of the Vintage Tin of Western Pa street rod club I set up a braille rally with local rodders and the students of the school for the blind. One member had a purple model A 4 door with pearl white ghost flames on it
    A teenage student, who was confirmed to be totally blind, ran his hands over it for quite awhile, then pronounced it a very old 4 door square car,bluish color with very faint flames, which totally floored us to say the least
    He said he could feel the edges of the flames and that it was a cooler feeling car than most of the others [ the majority were red, yellow and orange]
    Last edited by ceecab; 06-26-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

If we did that, they would turn in bloody worksheets from fingers cut up from rust holes

Originally posted by ceecab View Post
      Years ago, when i was a member of the Vintage Tin of Western Pa street rod club I set up a braille rally with local rodders and the students of the school for the blind. One member had a purple model A 4 door with pearl white ghost flames on it
      A teenage student, who was confirmed to be totally blind, ran his hands over it for quite awhile, then pronounced it a very old 4 door square car,bluish color with very faint flames, which totally floored us to say the least
      He said he could feel the edges of the flames and that it was a cooler feeling car than most of the others [ the majority were red, yellow and orange]
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        If we did that, they would turn in bloody worksheets from fingers cut up from rust holes
        That, and I can see where this would open up all manner of new threads about the judges being blind anyway, Barry! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X