4 speed tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 speed tags

Saw awhile back there was some discussion about 4 speed tags on firewalls. Did they ever determine a value.

To: prez55,----An original 4SPD streamer would probably mean a lot to some folks that own a Lark or Hawk with a 4 speed trans. Other owners of these models could care less about it. But to someone
    who "has to have it', the darn thing could bring $100.00....maybe more..... You just never know.

Comment

Most people missing one just figure out how to stamp one, for a few bucks.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I just bought old Kirby from the Kirby estate up in West Virginia. The car obviously has a factory, four-speed transmission, but it is descernible where the rag has been removed from the VIN plate on the firewall. Is this something I should try to duplicate? If I restore the car, which at this time I am leaning toward doing, is it worthwhile to have this tag attached to the VIN no.? I don't care one way or another, myself, but someday I plan to leave the car for my grandson, and he will have to decide whether to sell it, or keep it. Hopefully, we have a few more years to disckuss the pros and cons.

Comment

I don't think it is much of a big deal. Who knows, they could have only installed them on Mondays to wake up the guys from their "weekend" to remember to cut the hole in the floor of the bodies so they would fit the Chassis with the floor shifter, the hole is the only reason for them.

Many (maybe most) have none, and I know some streamers were removed on new car prep at the Dealers.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X