. Studebaker Armor .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Studebaker Armor .

Looks like the law thought this Studebaker was the best place to take cover during a shootout with some criminals .

The cops have that Stude surrounded . . .

Comment

We need Paul Harvey to tell the rest of the story.

Comment

Those are all Studebaker dealers...the couple just bought a Ford! (How about that guy on the roof)

Comment

"Holdup 12/30/1957 at 930 W. Manchester, Inglewood, CA" per the notes on the back. It looks like it was called "The Beacon" Niteclub, Bar? not sure.

I do know where that was, it probably looks a lot different now though.

I don't think anyone was getting out of there without being dead or in custody, they even have shotgun armed Cops on the roof, they are not messing around!

I wonder if that is a cloud of teargas in two of the pics, that would explain why that couple are holding their face, nose.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Cracks me up that the camera guys are standing right out in the open! "Duh! They wont shoot me, I'm just holding a camera!"

On a side note, check out the gun at the bottom left of the second picture. Is that a shot gun or some type of tear gas gun?
            Carey
            Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
            X