differences Commander president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differences Commander president

Hi all , was wondering if anyone can tell me the differences between the commander and president in the 1939 model, The running boards, front and rear mudguards bonnet etc ,are they interchangable between each other and are all the bolt on panels the same for the coupe and sedan , For some reason my parts book has no listings on these items , and l,m chasing parts for my 39 president bussiness coupe , Thanks in advance guys

If Forum member Studebaker Wheel doesn't chime in here, private message him. He'll have the correct answer.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The major difference between a Commander and a President in 1939 was that the Commander used a six cylinder engine and the President used an eight cylinder engine (inline). This necessitated a longer nose/front end on the President models, therefore, things like the "bonnet"/hood and hood sides will NOT interchange from one to the other.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

There is a 39 president for sale in Rockford Il. Check craigslist. That should give you most of the parts you need. Could be restored of parted out.

Comment

Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.

Comment

Working...
          X