Cruisers first long ride since 1989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruisers first long ride since 1989

Today our chapter had a very nice Bar-B-Q at the Brayden's in Petaluma, Ca. with a very nice size group of members and some others not sure how many but could have been 20 Studebakers there, My wife, Grandson, and sister in law went with me in the Rose Mist cruiser, that is the car I just picked up a month or so ago with just over 83,000 original miles, this car had been off the road since the original owner passed away in 1989 after a good full tune up and buffing the paint it looked and drove like a new car, the 150 round trip miles, not one that is 49 years old, it was a pleasure to drive, this car is now on E-bay and ends tomorrow, I hope some one else took some pictures to post on the forum.
    Last edited by candbstudebakers; 06-24-2012, 06:06 PM.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Glad to hear that you all had a good time. I'm disappointed that you didnt bring your camera with though.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
      Glad to hear that you all had a good time. I'm disappointed that you didnt bring your camera with though.
      Ditto, ditto! Nice car Bob. Best of luck with the auction.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

You are lucky, in having woke one up from sleeping that long and not needing the usual, rubber stuff. I am currently waking a 63 GT that has been sleeping around 7 years, and have not been so lucky. Of course Arizona heat has not helped mine, though stored inside, it obviously was not climate controlled. It needs a rear main seal, PS pump seal, brakes re-done, distributor refurbished, and who knows what else will come out of the woodwork when it actually hits the road.

That sure is a nice looking Cruiser. I tried to interest the wife in it a few months ago, but her heart was set on another 63 GT, like the one she wrecked about 8 years ago.

Comment

It did not make reserve so as of right now not sure what might happen to it, could keep it and drive when ever I wanted go get in a Studebaker that I know will start right up and backout of the garage, it is to bad more people were not that interested in an original survivor in this super nice shape, runs and drives like a new 49 year old car.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Sorry Bob but my shed is full, otherwise it is a car I would like to have. Perhaps list it in Turning Wheels (hey, the ad is free!) and maybe relist it on Ebay or post a price here for it. Speaking of my shed being full, I kicked my daily driver out of my garage to keep the convertible in it. That thing sure is fun to drive!
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              It did not make reserve so as of right now not sure what might happen to it, could keep it and drive when ever I wanted go get in a Studebaker that I know will start right up and backout of the garage, it is to bad more people were not that interested in an original survivor in this super nice shape, runs and drives like a new 49 year old car.
              I think, more than anything, it is a sign of the tough economic times.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                I think, more than anything, it is a sign of the tough economic times.
                Ya Joe I know that but still almost one of a kind in the shape it is in, I don't plan on giving it away but would talk to anyone really interested in a survior, this is one you could fly out and drive it home.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Working...
                X