Back To The 50's 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back To The 50's 2012

A beautiful day to be out in a Studebaker at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. With well over 11,000 cars registered, the event was jam-packed. I took pictures of every Studebaker I could find:

Warning: Some of them are customs!
    Last edited by BobWaitz; 06-22-2012, 06:46 PM.

'Way cool, Bob. Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

Dick

Dick
      Mountain Home, AR
      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

I saw a black 62 Lark 2 door on a trailer yesterday looking like it was headed to registration.

Nick

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos Bob! I really like that 1962 Lark Daytona. The brown Avanti I saw tonight on KSTP channel 5 news, very nice.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I didn't see this one in your photo set.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gohdes View Post
              I didn't see this one in your photo set.
              Wow - I did miss that one. I'd like to get a closer look at that.
              Last edited by BobWaitz; 06-23-2012, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks Bob,
                Haven't been there yet. It ain't that far away. Gotta go, maybe next year.

Claude
                1936 Dictator
                1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                1953 Commander Regal HT
                1953 2R5 Pickup
                1947 M16 Truck
                1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                1962 GT Hawk
                1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                1963 GT Hawk R2
                1964 Daytona Convertible
                1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Nice collection of Studebakers. Thanks for posting the pix. Some creative pix too.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I made that show in 04 got to be the larges 3 day car show in the country, can see just about anything you want there, thanks for the pictures of the Studebakers.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

I think all of us mn guys should get together and make a real appearance at next years back to the fifty's. Maybe we could get MSRA to set aside a small area for the local club to bring in about 30 cars or so and have them all parked together. Most young guy's have no clue what a studebaker is or what they look like. Could be a real boost to geting new stude owners.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                        I think all of us mn guys should get together and make a real appearance at next years back to the fifty's. Maybe we could get MSRA to set aside a small area for the local club to bring in about 30 cars or so and have them all parked together. Most young guy's have no clue what a studebaker is or what they look like. Could be a real boost to geting new stude owners.
                        GREAT IDEA - Get with them as soon as possible - with your idea.....

Love to see a custom / rodded Stude over a 'crushed' stude...... Like restored - but the other alternatives are better than scrap

Drew

Comment

We were there on Saturday and stopped by Brent's (Milaca) on the way home. He capped off our good day with a ride in his 'new' '64 Daytona convertible.

Sorry, no pics of his '64, it was getting dark and we were too busy avoiding deer!

I took a lot of pics, but here are a few more Stude's that I didn't see in Bob's album (plus a couple nice orphans).

Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

If a person has not been to the Minnesota State fair one can not imagine how big the place is and how long it take to just walk around and see every thing, and with a car show there they are parked every were, guess that is why it is a 3 day event, one could put the California state fair inside of it 3 times, one big show to say the least.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos Skinny. I drove my convertible to work the last two days and even brought Mrs. Skinny's homebaked cookies with for lunch, and no, I didnt share them.
                              Below are my two latest aquisitions, the 1964 Daytona convert and a 1963 Daytona hardtop project that I picked up from Merv Mundorf down in Iowa last Wednesday. On the way to and from Iowa, I saw lots of vintage cars headed for the Minnesota fairgrounds....I even saw a Crosley on a trailer! Maybe next summer some of us can meet up at the Back to the Fifties show and educate others about the merits of Studebaker.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                              X