I have to sell my 1962 Lark. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to sell my 1962 Lark. :(

Like many of us as of late; the economy still refuses to improve, read that work is very slow so I have to let my 1962 Lark go.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Bump to top

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Love those 62s! Good thing for me it's not Stude powered or I might be tempted...

This is the problem with modifying them; it really hurts the saleability. You'll have to find just the right buyer that wants an altered 4-door Lark. Tough task.

Good luck with your sale.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

hate to hear that with all the hard work you've put into it. Hope the sell works out for you or better yet work picks up and you don't have to sell.

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123

Like many of us as of late; the economy still refuses to improve, read that work is very slow so I have to let my 1962 Lark go.

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
        53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
        57 SH (project)
        60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

good luck with the sale! i understand the why... mine was medical bills and disability.

a few more pics may help the sale - especially underneath...
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

You know... it would help your sale considerably to attach more... complementary pictures. ie: pull the Tow Truck further away out of the shot. Also, it would be helpful to know if the car can be driven, is currently registered, etc... I'm not being critical just to be mean, only to be helpful. You have a decent car, it just wants a bit better marketing.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Work is very slow here but I still have the Lark and can do it as funds become available. In any case please stay around the forums I enjoy your contributions.
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Car starts, run and stops. Clear title in my name. Tires are junk and the windshield wiper motor doesn't work.

Comment

I know Studes can be a money pit. If tough times have arrived, cutting yours loose is perfectly understandable. Hate to think of it, but I'd do the same. I hope you stay around the NG, your posts have been interesting and informative.

What kinda Ford did you get the 2.79 rear end out of?

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                    I know Studes can be a money pit. If tough times have arrived, cutting yours loose is perfectly understandable. Hate to think of it, but I'd do the same. I hope you stay around the NG, your posts have been interesting and informative.

What kinda Ford did you get the 2.79 rear end out of?

Joe
                    Thanks for the kind words.

The rear end is (probably) a 1975-80 Granada/Monarch unit; that's what I ordered new wheel cylinders for and they fit perfectly.

Comment

Bump to top.

Comment

Thus far: one bid on eBay; if I can't get at least my Reserve Price, I'll keep the car and throw a Jeep CJ Chevy V8 conversion radiator in so I can at least drive it safely. I wanted to have my Stude radiator rebuilt but; $200 for a Jeep unit vs. getting mine done @ almost $600 makes a difference right now.

Comment

Working...
                        X