Studebaker Resto on Velocity Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Resto on Velocity Channel

Watch the Velocity Channel "Desert Car Kings" show at 8 PM (eastern time) tonight. They are restoring a 1950 Champion Business Coupe. This is a repeat showing from 3-9-11. Kind of entertaining to watch them flail around trying to get it right. Looks like they really didn't go after local SDC folks for help. Also, check out the dude with the "Wall of Bullets".
    They are running the show a 2nd time tonight at 11 PM. ......... Harv
    StudeBakerHarv
    * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine).
    * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).
    * 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible.

do you have Dish or DirecTv? I have Dish and can not find this channel. If you have Dish can you tell me the channel number?

Thanks
    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by 2r10jim View Post
      do you have Dish or DirecTv? I have Dish and can not find this channel. If you have Dish can you tell me the channel number?

Thanks
      Jim
      according to this: it's on ch. 364: http://godish.com/channels/english/velocity.aspx

BUT - while searching, i saw that dish dropped velocity in 2011. don't know if they put it back on or not. i've got it on charter cable, but just on HD, (which i have)...

i haven't watched this show before since most of the posts here have said it's not very good. i'll dvr it tonight, just for the stude content.
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Jim,

I get it on AT&T u-verse cable. It's a Discovery Channel. Here's the info from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_(TV_channel They mention Direct & Dish Channels.

Good luck, ............... Harv
        StudeBakerHarv
        * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine).
        * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).
        * 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible.

Comment

Don't worry if you miss it. You aren't missing too much.

The window AC is ugly as all get-out, but interesting. The paint job is on par with the MAACO job a previous owner did to one of my Larks. In general, it was a sort of quick flip. At the same time, they did put another one back on the road (at least for a bit), so that counts for something...
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

For Jim and Others: I was going to post to advise about this story. However, I see it is already posted. I have Dish Network and find it on Channel # 364 (VLCTY). Their listing description is "Episode #4 "Drive Like a Champion, Education. Ron Mc Clure, Jason Mc Clure (2011). The crew scrambles to find reare parts for a 1950 Studebaker champion. (HD) (CC) (Stereo). Original air date : 03/09/2011."

Mine is scheduled to record @ 11 - 12 PM (PST) on 12/22/2012 (Saturday Evening). Hope this helps. I tried a google search and then onto Discovery Channel but couldn't find alternate listings for other systems.

Should be interesting. My Dad had a 50 Champ 2 dr.

Merry Christmas to All

C/B

Comment

Having watched this episode before, I would say their concept of "restoration" is a pretty loose one.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

In any case you will get to see folks work on a Studebaker, The attendant Hazarai makes it almost unwatchable though. If you have the ability, record it and skip through the non-essential portions. JMHO

Bob

Comment

On my direct tv , Velocity is on 281
                  Randy Wilkin
                  1946 M5 Streetrod
                  Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

On Time/Warner in Los Angeles, Velocity HD is on channel 416.
                    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Here in West Michigan, Velocity is on channel 5710, and comes up saying "Test" rather than "Velocity."Paul
                      I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
                      1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

to get Velocity on Dish 364, you have to get the "blockbuster" package. I got Velocity after seeing it on my parent's comcast - and seeing that overhauling was coming back. been disappointed by the sparse overhauling new episodes - love some of the other car shows...
                        1951 Custom
                        1958 Packard Hawk < resto project
                        1962 Champ
                        1963 Standard R1 4 speed
                        1963 Avanti R1
                        1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                        2006 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Working...
                        X