PDA

View Full Version : Hello Studebakers Northwest

Mark57
07-17-2007, 02:35 AM
Just checking to see if you folks might have a line on a new windshield for a '57 C-Cab... I recently purchased one and cannot get it registered in BC until I replace the windshield which has a large crack in it[B)]. Thanks.

Mark
57 Transtar

Mark57
07-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks Mike... that was my default, just hoping there might have been something a bit closer.[:0] Shipping is usually a killer to Vancouver Island.[xx(]

Mark
57 Transtar

StudeRich
07-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Mark; I wonder how picky those Canuck Royal Mounties are? Do you think they might accept a windshield that has BB divets that are not in the drivers' line of sight, I would think one of those would be easier to find.

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

Mark57
07-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Just got the truck home this evening and will be off to speak with the insurance company about the windshield tomorrow[B)]... If it's winds up being their nickel then we'll get a new one from somewhere:D[8D]. If not, I just found out my relatives are passing through Idaho Falls on their vacation in a couple of weeks[:p]... guess what they'll be picking up for me!:D

Mark
57 Transtar

chocolate turkey
07-21-2007, 09:28 AM
If you need a destination close to the border, let me know. You can have it shipped to me and then come get it.

Brian

Brian K. Curtis

Mark57
07-21-2007, 12:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by chocolate turkey

If you need a destination close to the border, let me know. You can have it shipped to me and then come get it.

Brian

Brian K. Curtis

Thanks Brian... I appreciate the offer. May take you up on that at some point in the future.[8D] However, I fortunately had a "Binder of Insurance" on the truck during it's trip from the US to my home and after a pleasant visit with ICBC (our gov't automobile insurer) they have agreed to replace the windshield and gasket:D - I just have to cover the $200 deductible. The glass shop is ordering the parts from Champ Specialty Parts, so looks like a win-win.:)

Mark
57 Transtar