A job you love to hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A job you love to hate

I'd been putting off cleaning under the Daytona for a while, then the weekend I decided to do it was cold and wet, that'll teach me for procrastinating.

The set up.

The execution.

The result before and after

Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Geesh! ALL those years that Stude's been working to rust-proof itself and then you trash it's efforts.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You are one neat freak! I say that with all respect and in the best meaning. By the way are your pens organized by alphabetical order occording to the brand?
      Last edited by jg61hawk; 06-19-2012, 04:30 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Come on over, and I'll "let you" do the same to a couple of mine!! <G> NICE job!!

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Matt,
          I recall a '64 Daytona Hardtop that came into Qld back in the eighties & was being done up by an enthusiast by the first name of Ross but he lost his life in a road accident. That project car was Strato Blue. Could it be the same one?

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Hey Jim,
            No I don't alphabatize my pens, and I'm not keen on washing under car bodies either. But I had to do this to get a 'Roadworthy Certificate', they are picky about oil leaks down here, and under the Daytona was covered. I know they'll come back, but the roadworthy guy is just up the street, so I guess I can drive it up there before they show again ;-)

Jim,
            I bought the Dayton from Bill Pressler here on the SDC, about 12 months ago.

PS. As i finished the clean, covered in crap, I stepped out from under the car straight into the Hoist lock release lever - opened up the bridge of my nose and gave me a black eye. Noice !
            Last edited by Aussie Hawk; 06-19-2012, 10:30 PM.
            Matt
            Brisbane
            Australia
            sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Matt, that was the Universe's way of telling you not to do it again LOL Of course if you fix the leaks you won't have to.

Great car.
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

The only time a Studebaker doesn't leak is when it's empty.
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
                  Matt,
                  I recall a '64 Daytona Hardtop that came into Qld back in the eighties & was being done up by an enthusiast by the first name of Ross but he lost his life in a road accident. That project car was Strato Blue. Could it be the same one?
                  That Strato Blue Daytona was owned by Ross Hinson and was sold by his widow to Michael Kelly. Its still not on the road but probably will get there eventually. Matts car is near identical, both were Canadian assembled, reclining seats, etc.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                  X