1947 M5 Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 M5 Value?

First I would like to say I love the site and all the help that is available. My parents recently sold me their 47 M5. They were cleaning out the garage and wanted to get rid of it. While I really like it I do not have the funds or time to give this thing the attention it deserves. I would rather see it go to someone who really appreciates it. How do I determine a reasonable selling price? I have searched the web for hours and have not found enough info to accurately price the truck. It seems they are either fully restored or have trees growing out of the bed. I am sure you will want to see pictures which I won't have until tomorrow. I can tell you that it is almost 100% stock, and all metal is in good shape. I ran a magnet all over the thing looking for body filler and could not find any. This truck was repainted about 25 years ago. Besides the seat being recovered the interior appears to be original. I replaced the points, condenser, and plugs and the truck fired right up. I drove it around the block a few times and it runs pretty good. It does not have the original running boards but I believe everything else is there and works. There are some problems as to be expected but overall to me it appears very nice. I know you want to see pictures! I want to price it fairly and don't want to be taken advantage of. Any help or resources would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any info.

Without pictures it is impossible to make much of a guess. No Studebaker pickup is likely to pull the kind of money that a Chevy or Ford in the same condition will, just because fewer people are looking for one. You can get some idea of its value by putting it on ebay with a reserve you are comfortable with. Then you just need two people who both want it to see how high they will go.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I have seen an M5 for sale on Ebay thatwas unrestored, had no rust thru or surface rust, all sheet metal was straight without dents and with a coat of primer. The engine would turn over and start and the wheels would all roll, and it sold for approx. $3500. Others with surface rust in varing degrees, some dents and the engine stuck from being left in a field for 40 years would go for $1500 to $2000. hope that helps.
      Mike

Comment

Here are some pictures.

Comment

Shouldn't be hard to sell that one if you price it right. Too bad you can't keep it in the family. JS
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

wow,that's a beauty!..and it runs.....this is me, recycling my M5 and coming to get yours....I would push for $6500 to 7000 easy
            1946 Studebaker M5 1/2 ton.....Got Parts?...rear view mirror,.?
            Studebaker Drivers Club Member
            Learning Respect for the Power of Rust more Every Day
            Studebaker Truck Farmer

Comment

Your truck looks most interesting.....I could be interested in it.
              Send me a PM if you would.
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That is a nice old truck. It is a bit better than I had imagined from the first post.
                The wooden running boards make me wonder what happened to the original steel ones. There must be a story behind that.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

...........PM sent
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...