Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of God Traffic Clutches And Redemption............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of God Traffic Clutches And Redemption............

So it was decided to travel from Long Island to Long Branch NJ..........for a 500 car show right on the boardwalk in front of Rooney's Crab House.

Leaving the island we were 'saddened' to find out that AAA advised to travel over the incorrect bridge........should have been the Throgs Neck..........but we hit the Whitestone............in fathers day traffic..........where??????????...........on the Cross Bronx Expressway.................heading to the GW Bridge.................well it was totally bumper to bumper traffic.........the 18 wheel rigs all over and mostly up our arz to keep it moving???????? at any rate the temp gage traveled and stayed up at over 220........but because the car is a four speed.......and because we were lazy.........we began to ride the clutch.........instead for going in and out of gear..........we just basically kept the clutch in.......forgetting how wrong this is!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................well then it happened..............the car stalled out..........after re-starting she refused refused, did I tell you she refused to go into gear....now while all this is happening the 18 wheelers the cars the vans the suv are right up our arz......horns blaring................we pray for a miricle..........no not AAA..........because even though we has AAAPlus..........how in the hell could any tow rig get to us in the middle of the Cross Bronx in that traffic?????????????? Our prayers were answered..........after sitting in that conflagration for 15 minutes the clutch must have cooled to the point that the car was now able to shift again...........we crawled to the GW bridge........and continued to crawl down the Garden State Pwky..........but we sure did not ride that clutch again.........we never want to repeat that day again:-(
    Last edited by Hawklover; 06-18-2012, 03:54 PM.

Great story with a happy ending. So how was the show. I live near there but have not made the Father's Day meet yet. Note YET. Also, just curious, because I live here, how did you like like the Garden State Parkway? I love driving the Parkway (for the most part) the 135 to 145 area can be tight.

Comment

In a word..........the greatest show I have ever attended...........I bet there was well over 500 cars........the day was too beautiful...I picked up the GSP from Rt 80 after I crossed the GW Bridge.
      Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
      Great story with a happy ending. So how was the show. I live near there but have not made the Father's Day meet yet. Note YET. Also, just curious, because I live here, how did you like like the Garden State Parkway? I love driving the Parkway (for the most part) the 135 to 145 area can be tight.

Comment

I don't mind Long Island too much, except for the getting off and on it part.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X