Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the best looking modern 4 door cars ever built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the best looking modern 4 door cars ever built.

Man I really like this car! Never gave the 4 door cars much credit but damn!

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

No.
    4 door Avantis look too long, the roof looks squashed, and the plastic bumpers look like crap.
    I hate 'em.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'd drive it with my head held high!
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Nice looking car but it's based on a ca. 1989/90 Chevy Caprice, which may not be a bad thing since they're pretty stout with the V8 Chevy TBI motors.
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Taste is decidedly individual. I never see one of these without looking around for Gumby and Pokey, so they always make me smile, and the color of this one seems particularly appropriate. Do I want to own one? No. But thank you anyway.

Comment

Not a bad looking car.
            My only suggestion is some stainless window trim to make the pillars look thinner. Without it, the windshield and side windows look too much like an armored car. They also make it look too unfinished (dare I say, "kit car-ish"?) in a way.

If I ever buy one, I'll have Matt or a local shop fashion a set and see if I'm right.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I just like that around these parts, a 22 year-old car gets called "modern."
              Andy
              62 GT

Comment

It's one of those cars I'd like to own for a short while just to shape them up a bit.
                Usually a big bit...
                Like the rear of a Citroen SM, what were they thinking about? Or were they out of thoughts when they finally reached that part...?
                4-door Avantis loox like a SAAB 900's in a way

Comment

It is what it is.

I think they did a nice job on them.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Don't get me wrong...I love Avantis. But the 4-door is an acquired taste that I haven't been able to acquire yet. They're supposedly very nice cars but I've yet to warm up to them.
                    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

One of the best looking modern 4 door cars ever built.

..and here I was, all set to see a beautiful '64 Cruiser.

Comment

One of those showed up at the Avanti meet in Lisle, IL. It was silver with 4 doors, and I thought they stood out from the regular Avanti's. It's one of those things where I've read about them, but never really seen them until it showed up at the meet. The car also had low miles on it, and it had a TV in the rear. From what was told to me, that was Avanti Motor Corporations Limousine option, so it was "stretched" and had a number of amenities installed in it, including automobile television sets.
                        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
                          ..and here I was, all set to see a beautiful '64 Cruiser.
                          I was thinking a '63 Cruiser!
                          Chip
                          '63 Cruiser
                          '57 Packard wagon
                          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
                            One of those showed up at the Avanti meet in Lisle, IL. It was silver with 4 doors, and I thought they stood out from the regular Avanti's. It's one of those things where I've read about them, but never really seen them until it showed up at the meet. The car also had low miles on it, and it had a TV in the rear. From what was told to me, that was Avanti Motor Corporations Limousine option, so it was "stretched" and had a number of amenities installed in it, including automobile television sets.
                            There were at least two prototype Avanti limousines that were never finished/sold. The TV doesn't make it a limousine. Most of the 1990 four doors had a TV in the rear.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

at the moment, I am high bidder. cheers jimmijim
                              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                              X