Earliest Studebaker to have a decal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earliest Studebaker to have a decal?

1928 Commander model GB Victoria. The other cars in the lineup, Dictator and President, at the time had similar decals.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

All raspberries aside, Dick, the illustrated graphic on the Commander instrument panel is, we should all agree, truly a "decal," short for decalcomania; a water-transfer slide graphic.

As such, it is a misnomer for me (or anybody else) to refer to that 1955 Plymouth Six deck lid handle graphic, or 1958 Scotsman truck tailgate and instrument panel graphic, as a decal, because they are not.

Which brings up a legitimate question: What is the correct term for the type of graphic used on the Plymouth Six and Scotsman truck applications?

I suppose those graphics are reflective stickers, but that doesn't sound very professional. They've got to have a more proper name, because they are not decalcomania. I don't have a 1958/1959 Studebaker truck parts book, so perhaps someone could look up that Scotsman graphic and see how Studebaker identifies it.

Anybody? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
    X