Wanted & a couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted & a couple of questions

As I'm still having problems with oil in my cooling system & have tried everything including a complete rebuild.My rebuilder figures it's a crack down inside where it can't be seen & has agreed to apply any $$ spent towards rebuild of another motor.For this reason I am lookng for a good running used or rebuildable full-flow
    V/8 63-4 block.I would prefer it 2-B automatic with original bell housing.I don't need torque convertor or trans.I live in Hamilton Ont. & would like it 2-B as close as possible to the Niagara area.I know about the 1 on Ebay but see JDP is in the running so I will go for a bit but I'm sure it will go way high for me.
    I also purchased a 59-60 window dist. for V/8,as I want to put in Electronic spark.I am told Chey used the same one right up till the went electronic.Mine needs a new Cap & rotor.What yr. chev. used these so I can get one fron NAPA or UAP if they don't have Studebaker listed ?.Any help appreciated
    PS-just a bare rebuildable block OK as I have pans,heads,manifolds etc.

If you were closer....[V]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Cap and rotor fit all Chev small block V8 through 1974.

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Here's another:

1964 GT Hawk soon to be R2 Clone
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I'm not in the running, it's my NOS engine I'm selling. I can give you a bare block if you come get it.

JDP/Maryland
          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
          64 GT R2
          63 GT R2
          63 Lark 2 door
          59 3E truck
          58 Starlight
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

If you want just a bare full-flow block, I think I have one in the barn. I could ship it via Greyhound without trouble, I expect, unless they have a weight limit.

I'm expecting to head out to work in a day or two, so I really doubt I'd have time to crate and ship before my return in a couple of weeks. But I coul drag the block out and take some measurements.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
            X