Having a C-cab built/redone/refitted/restored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a C-cab built/redone/refitted/restored

After months of searching for a completed 1949-53 C-cab to buy and enjoy.....we have downshifted.....entering into an agreement with Allen Barth to build us one. Unfortunately we have to wait till August next....but we will have a fresh piece done the way we want it. Allen Barth is our man. Took little time to make that decision after the first discusiion. So things are now in his hands. Am attaching a few shots of a truck we really like....color being foremost on the list. We will agree to agree on the what as we progress...one foot in front of the other gang. We look forward to the end result ... Allen's way... Done right !!! Thanks for the partnership Allen.....mike and karen super. Check's in the mail !!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mike super; 06-09-2012, 03:45 PM.

Congrats on pulling the trigger.

Yes, you can't do better than Allen Barth. He's the man and his workmanship is as good as it gets.
    Yes, the example you provided is a very nice custom C-cab.

No, I personally wouldn't start with a '49-53. JMHO, but the one-piece windshield and grille of the '54-55 are my favorites.
    No, I personally don't like rap-star-funkmaster-flash-whip wheels on C-cabs. Your truck, your money, your decision.

Maybe, share with us what you will be having Allen give you for engine, transmission, suspension and interior.

jack vines

May
    PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by packardv8 View Post

yes, you can't do better than allen barth. He's the man and his workmanship is as good as it gets.
      x2

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Allen is going to use one of his trucks, a 57 transtar for the very reason you stated...one piece windshield. It has a camero front clip and camero rear diff. Using 290 hp crate motor with new MSD Atomic fuel injection system ....fancying it up with period caddilac air cleaner with dual coned intakes. With a 400 trans. Considering using 16 x 8 wheels ....235 /65's tires. Attached is photo I sent Allen on the interior....want a bench seat pleated....same configuration of the glove box for the instruments to be placed ....keeping the dash symetrical and simple.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mike super; 06-09-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X