No announcement yet.

TT emblem location for '63 Wagonaire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: TT emblem location for '63 Wagonaire?

My Wagonaire is finally painted, and I'm beginning to install the jewelry. Not sure if it ever had a TT emblem, but if it did, it's long gone. I have a sparkly new emblem with two Red Ts in two chrome circles. Any guesses where it would be installed on the rear end...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Butch's magic hour pics 025.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1735954
    The date is wrong. Don't know why the camera decided on that date... was actually taken yesterday.

If it was manufactured with Twin Traction, it would not have had an emblem originally, Kelly.

'Looks real nice. Congrats. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice Wagonaire!

Looks familiar
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

TT emblem

Well, my plan is for this to be a driver, and it will probably never be judged, so originality isn't terribly important. I'll just have to figure out where it the emblem looks best...
        Kelly

Comment

I would say in the lower left corner of the tailgate, at the same height as the "Wagonaire" name plate. Mabe someone can post a picture of an earlier, (59-62), station wagon tailgate that has the emblem. Hope this helps

Dan Miller
          Auburn, GA

Comment

Originally posted by wagonairedriver View Post
            Well, my plan is for this to be a driver, and it will probably never be judged, so originality isn't terribly important. I'll just have to figure out where it the emblem looks best...Kelly
            Cool, Kelly.

Here's a suggestion: Use 3M Double-Sided Molding Tape to stick the TT emblem wherever you want it.

Cut the pins off the backside of the emblem so you don't have to drill any holes. File the backside carefully so there are no protrusions or "nubs" where the pins used to be. Trim the double-sided molding adhesive carefully and it will stick just fine.

Benefits of doing this are that you'll have no holes to rust, you can move it around at will if you don't like where you've put it, and you can easily remove it later if you don't want it on there. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It does not appear that you care about the originality. BUT, FYI, there would have been "L A R K" letters on the front of the front fenders and the swoopy script as on all 1964's: "WAGONAIRE" Nameplate on the lower right of the Tailgate of a '63 Regal like yours, except it would have been Gold flash plated.

What is that "Daytona like" Moulding on the top of the tailgate, in your Pic it looks like it is painted Purple?
              Last edited by StudeRich; 06-08-2012, 03:09 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X